𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1: 𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚏 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

"Because California doesn't have wolves, for like sixty years." Stiles sufficed as the two stop just short of entering the school.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Look, there's no wolves in California."

"Well, if you don't believe me about the wolf, then you're definitely not gonna believe when I tell you, I found the body." Scott reveals causing the boy in front of him to freak.

"Are you kidding me?" Stiles asks excitedly.

Scott shakes his head, shivering as the body flashes through his mind. "I wish. I'm gonna have nightmares for a month!"

"That is freaking awesome!" Stiles laughs as Y/n Martin, his long time crush walks alongside her sister up to the school. "I mean, seriously, it's the best thing that ever happened in this town, since... the birth of Y/n Martin." He trails off as the girl walks past him, in a heated discussion with her older sister. "Hey, Y/n! You look... like you're gonna ignore me!" Stiles mumbles as the girl doesn't bat an eye at his greeting, not hearing him as she argues with her sister.

"You're the cause of this, you know?" Stiles continues as the girl walks out of view, flickering his eyes back to Scott.

"Huh-huh..."

"Dragging me down your nerd depth!" Stiles exclaims as the two walk into the building. "I'm a nerd by association. I've been scarlet-nerded by you."

"Lydia! That is my dress!" Y/n Martin exclaims causing Lydia to look at her.

"So, what?" Lydia shrugs, flipping her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder. "I'm borrowing it. You borrow my clothes too."

"What?" Y/n furrows her brows. "No, I don't."

Lydia raises an eyebrow before glancing down at the floor. Following her eye-line, Y/n purses her lips as she sees Lydia's nude pumps staring back at her.

"Fine." Y/n mumbles, as she looks at Lydia, who wore a victorious smile on her face. "But I want it back."

Lydia just smiles before spinning on her heel, strutting away.

Y/n Martin was the youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Martin. She was a year younger than Lydia but she was able to skip the eighth grade allowing her to be a sophomore with her sister. When Lydia and Y/n were five and four, their parents got divorced, where the girls decided to live with their mom.

In comparison to her sister, Y/n never had a boyfriend, although many tried to win her heart. She believed that all guys just wanted to be with her, just to get the attributes of being with her. She hasn't met one who wanted to be with her for her.

Lydia, however, has been dating the same boy for a year. Jackson Whitmore. Most popular boy in school, lacrosse captain, handsome, loved by all, and rich, are some words that the students of Beacon High would use to describe him.

Y/n would describe him as a jerk, an ill-mannered, and an egotistical jackass. She believed her sister could do so much better than him, but since her sister loves him and she loves her sister, she holds her tongue. But, sometimes she can't.

Sitting in the rickety old desk chair in her first class of the day, Y/n rests her head in her hand, eyes staring blankly at the board as the teacher writes the name of the first book they will be reading that semester. Y/n silently groans, having already read the book two years ago and finding the book interesting but strange.

"As you all know, there was a body found in the woods last night." The teacher drones as Scott looks at Stiles who smiles at him cheekily, before winking. "And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios for what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police has a suspect."