Chapter 4

Chapter Four

 You arrived there first, meaning that you had to wait for Sasha. Somewhere in the corner, you can see a couple making out. Either they saw you or didn’t, it seem like they didn’t care, so you just shrugged it off. There were people playing soccer in the field, so your voices can be masked by the sound of people running around and playing sports. A few minutes passed and Sasha finally arrived. “What took you so long?” You asked, Sasha shrugged, “I went to the toilet, saw Ymir then went here.” You nodded, “so mind telling me why you wanted to ditch math?” Sasha questioned, her eyes were blandly fixated on the half empty field. Jean, who was captain of the soccer team had fell, his teammates are now laughing at the tall boy. You let out a small chuckle, “I don’t know, just didn’t feel like doing maths I guess”. Sasha let out a small laughter and then reached to her bag. Out of curiosity, you looked into what was she going to get. It was a medium sized bag of doritos. “You gonna eat all that?” you asked. Without looking up, the other girl nodded, “you can get some if you want. Just don’t finish it all. I gotta keep in shape you know, for basketball and everything” her voice was slightly muffled by the crunching sound of chips getting munched inside her mouth. Your hand reached forward for the freshly opened bag of doritos your friend had in hand. Now the both of you are hiding under the bleachers, accompanied by the couple that are still somehow making out and eating doritos. At least this is better than calculating weird formulas and feeling stupid you thought. After a while of sitting and eating, the bag of doritos had grown empty and now you and Sasha are just talking about whatever’s going on in the field and occasionally random stuff about Sasha’s bakery or whatever. Well, mainly Sasha since you didn’t know anything about sports and you don’t have anything different or worth saying.

 “How many more minutes ‘till recess?” You yawned, it’s been second period and sleep is still in you. Sasha looked down at her wristwatch, “Um, probably 15-ish” You nodded; you can feel your eyes tearing up due to another yawn. “Jeez (Y/N) what time did you sleep last night?” the other girl laughed slightly, her eyes gleamed showing that they are obviously awake. “I don’t know, 12 I guess.” “Up doing homework?” She snickered. Your shoulders go up then down, shrugging that classic ‘I don’t know’ or in your case, ‘I know but I refuse to tell you because I have a hard time considering it myself’ shrug. You wanted to tell her about grey-eyes, no, Levi, but knowing Sasha, she’ll be super pumped about it and will bring it up teasingly whenever she can. She’ll nudge her smug shoulders on yours and will point out Levi whenever he’s near. Okay maybe I’m overthinking this; he’s just a guy. I’ve never even properly talked to him before. He’s all nice, scratch that, he’s terrifying but so nice to look at. God damn it, I thought I got over this. He’s just a guy for god’s sake.. who happens to be beautiful and frightening at the same time, You thought. “You shouldn’t stay up too late, it’s not good for you. Coach says staying up late could cause acne breakouts,” She remarked. “Well thanks for the heads up,” You looked down on your phone, 10 more minutes until recess.

 The coach, signaling the players that it’s time for them to head to the locker room and change, blew out a loud screech of a whistle. “You’re still coming to my practice, right?” Sasha’s eyebrow rose up, making you a tidbit jealous because you didn’t know how to raise an eyebrow. “Well, yeah I guess. But you have to drop me home though.” The brunette smiled and squealed delightfully, her arms wrapped around you like a loose burrito. You didn’t know whether or not you should hug her back so you were just kinda stuck there patting her back. The bell rang and the hallways were soon filled with muffled chattering and footsteps going out of the class. Sasha was the first one to get up. She stepped out of the bleacher and waived her hand at you for you to follow her. The both of you went to your separate lockers to get some stuff for your next lessons. You both agreed to meet up in your usual spot in the canteen. You clutched two gigantic books about psychology and the human brain, balanced them against your laptop and sling your backpack on your shoulder. It was kind of heavy, but you were used to it. You saw Eren in front of you, he smiled at you and you smiled back. “Need some help with that?” He chuckled as he closed his own locker, obviously finding entertainment in your struggle to close yours. “I don’t know, it’ll be great if this thing can close itself but hey that’s probably witchcraft, not to mention impossible” you mumbled sarcastically. You felt Eren roll his eyes and walked towards you. His hand swiftly locked it shut and you gave a curt nod and a ‘thanks’ to him for helping out.  You put one foot in front of the other and start walking to your usual spot in the canteen.

The canteen was filled with people, as usual. You made your way to Sasha, who, upon seeing you, smiled and waived her hand, motioning you to come sit with her. You then walked to the table, put your stuff and sat down. Sasha was talking to the basketball team captain, Ymir, a dark haired freckled girl whose hair is always tied. She had a nice tanned skin, but that was the norm since she liked to do sports. She was also with her ‘friend’ (though you suspect them to be dating, but again maybe they’re just really good friends) Christa. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, she may not be as sporty as Ymir but she’s still in good shape. She has a really nice personality, loved helping people out. As you sat down, Christa smiled at you and asked you about your day. You just smiled and said it was great. “-so all you have to do is just learn this by tomorrow, we’ll be practicing this today, so you don’t need to sweat your ass over it. It’s kinda really tricky, but I trust you and you seem like a good sport so please remember the new position” you hear Ymir went on about the new position. You don’t really know anything about basketball, so you didn’t even bother pitching in the conversation. All you heard was just gibberish talk about person A passing and dribbling and whatever to person B so the other team would not get the ball and blah blah blah whatever basketball stuff. After a while of talking and you quietly sitting down and looking at random people eating, Ymir and Krista left. You heard Sasha let a sigh and you decided to start a conversation. “So.. I’m guessing that you had to memorize a fancy move?” Sasha chuckled, took a sip of water then replied, “Something like that. I’d explain it to you, but I’ll probably bore you anyway”. You grinned, “oh you know me so well!” you sarcastically said. The other girl gave out a tiny chuckle and the both of you went silent. Your eyes looked around the cafeteria, you had your hand up against your cheek and you can hear Sasha humming a show tune. You boringly contemplate your surroundings; you see Connie cracking up and joking around with his friends as usual, then you see Jean, Marco and some other people arm wrestling and whatnot to pass the time, then in the corner outside the cafeteria you can see Levi along with his other friends, a young man with grey eyes and rather pale brown hair and a girl with red hair and green eyes exchanging cigarettes and small talk, sometimes laughter from the red headed girl and occasionally from the pale haired boy but never from Levi. A cigarette was hanging on the corner of his pale lips, a curtain of fairly invisible cloud of smoke circles around his usual cold stoic face. He’d occasionally make smoke rings, though he’s only done it twice by now. He seemed disinterested with whatever it is his two companions are talking about, only looking up from the phone he was holding if the conversation had seemed intriguing enough for him to half-heartedly participate in. You felt a poke on your shoulder, nevertheless your mind is still thinking about the cold steely man. It was when Sasha snapped her fingers repetitively in front of your eyes did you realized that you haven’t been paying any attention to Sasha. “Helloooo earth to (Y/N)??” You slightly jumped at the action and you whipped your head to the girl that has just called your name. “hm, what?” “What are you looking at? I’ve been calling your name for like a thousand times and you didn’t even respond” Sasha then looked at the direction you were staring at. “Why are you looking at them?” She questioned blatantly. A sudden panicky feeling made its way to your insides, you’re glad they hadn’t noticed yours and Sasha’s obvious glare. “Oh nothing, just wondering why they’re smoking that’s all”. “Why, you don’t plan on becoming a smoker, are you? Please don’t, it’s really bad for your health” “no, no god no. I’m just, curious. That guy over there made a smoke ring and it looked pretty cool”. The other girl just bobbed her head up then down, in an understanding nod. “Well, in case you didn’t know, his name is Levi. See his friends? The girl over there laughing is called Isabel and the guy Farlan, you shouldn’t mess with them, rumor has it they’re like mall thugs, some people say they dealt with drugs and actually went to juvie last summer” Holy shit that’s what Eren’s friends talked about this morning, you thought. You just nodded your head and responded with a realistic looking shocked look, and said “holy crap, really?” Sasha took a last gulp of water, “yeah for real, you can talk to them if you want, just be careful not to offend them; they’re people that you shouldn’t mess with”. Both of you start to pack up, as it is almost time to get to class since the bell’s going to ring soon and you wanted to get one of the front row seats since it makes it easier for you to copy the writing on the whiteboard.

- END OF CHAPTER FOUR - 

Tbc.. Thanks for reading, I'll try to update soon. I'd really appriciate it if you'd comment, so please comment! I'm sorry if this sucked.