Chapter 1

Chapter One

 Friday, July 13 was a rainy day. You were walking alone to school that morning when you saw a group of dark clouds circling around the area around your school. Great, it’s going to rain, you thought. Looks like I forgot to pack the umbrella again. You continued walking, pulling a pair of earphones from your bag because you felt like listening to some songs from your iPod. You kept on walking until you reached the gates of your school.

Once you’ve stepped inside, you made your way to your locker to get books for your classes in the first and second period. You pulled out your iPod from your bag and paused the song you were listening to. You then begin to roll up the earphones you were using. After you’ve gathered your books, you closed your locker and walked to your class, but were interrupted when you heard some noise coming from the left corner of the hallway. Your head quickly turned to the source of the noise. Sounds like someone’s having a fight you thought. The scene unfolding before you was indeed a fight between two boys. One boy has brown hair and teal-green eyes while the other was short and had black hair and steel-grey eyes. By the looks of it, grey-eyes were winning because he had the other boy in a headlock. Aside from the slight bruise on his chin, he looked all right. The other boy, not so much; his lips were cut and he has blood coming out of his nose and the corner of his lips. The poor boy looks like he could collapse any moment. On the high corner of his right cheekbone, he had a bruise but it wasn’t as big as grey eyes’. You sighed and made your way to class. Another fight in this hellhole, that makes it 3 fights in a week, you thought.

You put your bag in your table for a while and started pulling out some books and your pencil case. After you’ve got your requirements, you hung your bag on the back of your chair. You sat by the window, where you usually sit. You stared at the window for a while, predicting about when is it going to rain. Your teacher who just walked in the classroom quickly interrupted your thoughts. Since it was early, he sat on his desk that was by the wall, just right in front of the whiteboard. He pulled out a thick black book that was from his bag and began reading. You stared at the empty chair next to you, where your friend Bertl was supposed to sit. He was a quiet person, always minding his own business. You had a couple of classes with him and he usually sits next to you. You didn’t mind though. Bertl has been away for the past 2 days because he had a family vacation in Bali. Lucky, you thought.

A few minutes passed and students began filling the room, some on their phones, some chitchatting and some just went to their seats just minding their own business. After a while, your teacher cleared his throat and started the class. “Good morning everyone, please take your seats,” your teacher said, despite the gloomy weather the sky was painted with, your teacher managed to chirp out happily. He then waited for the class to sit down. “All right, since we are learning about the medieval era, I would like all of you to open your workbooks to pa-” He was interrupted by the sound of a door opening and a short boy stepped in. It was the boy from before, the one who got into a fight. He had a stoic stone-like expression on his face. He also had a fresh bruise on his chin. His steel-grey eyes were like a hawk, searching for an empty chair. Despite his height, he looked extremely attractive. He was wearing a black shirt and leather jacket. He also wore dark jeans and black chucks. His jet-black hair was parted in the middle. He looked rugged, thanks to his bruise. He looked downright badass. “Mr. Rivaille!” Your teacher finally said. “You’re late.” All eyes were on grey-eyes now, including yours. “I apologize,” he said. Pause. “But I do have a note” he continued, handing the note to the teacher. “Alright, you may sit down” My teacher said while reading the note. Since there were no seats left, grey-eyes went ahead and sat next to you. You can feel his eyes on you as he pulled the chair next to yours. He sat down and said nothing. He began to reach for his books that were in his black backpack. “Alright as I was saying, I need you to get your workbooks and read page 234. To those of you who do not have their workbooks, you are welcome to borrow or share with your friends who brought theirs”. You can hear some shuffling and people quietly talking. You already had yours on the table, so you opened page 234 quietly. You glanced at the boy next to you. He opened his workbook and started to search for page 234. You noticed that he was in fact wearing a navy blue shirt, not a black shirt. He had a leather jacket on but took it off when he came and sat beside you. You didn’t realize that you were staring until he broke off the silence. “What’re you staring at brat?” His voice was cold. “I.. I-uh.. Nothing.. Sorry” You stuttered. You quickly looked down to your book. “Tch, whatever. Brat”.

You began reading your workbook quietly; grey-eyes were also reading his book; however you couldn’t focus on the writing because of a certain dark haired boy sitting beside you. He looked annoyed, but again that was his everyday look. You mentally sighed and tried to focus. You find it hard to concentrate because your mind was all over the place. Why does he have to sit next to me? Why does Bertl need to go on a vacation now? Why am I thinking about him on the first place? I don’t even know his name and yet.. He cleared his throat; his eyes were still glued on his workbook. It’s like he knew you were thinking about him. You shifted your position because you felt uncomfortable, your right hand accidentally made contact with his left one. Grey-eyes didn’t even flinch. He was like a statue, his eyes were so fixated on his workbook, and he didn’t even notice you were staring at him.

As time began to fly by, the bell finally rang. You quickly stood up from your seat, getting your bag and walked away. Suddenly you stopped and thought crap I left my workbook. You changed your heel abruptly and quickly went back. Now that class is over, the class should be empty now. You thought. The door was opened, so you walked in casually. However your expectations were wrong because there was a person inside. It was not just any person though; it was the beautiful dark haired boy who seemed to be annoyed by your very existence.

“um.. I-I.. Left m-my w-workbook” you stuttered. Grey-eyes just stood there. “No shit, peasant.” He stated. The classroom looked clean and most of the chairs were in place. “Are you just gonna stand there or what?” He broke off the silence. Again. You shuffled to your desk and retrieved your book. You held the workbook by your chest like it was some kind of prized possession, leaving you standing there awkwardly, looking at the boy who just pushed a chair to its original place. “Are you just gonna stand there and be useless or are you gonna help me push the chairs?” He blurted.

You quickly went to the nearest out of placed chair and began pushing. Your gaze somehow made it on him, leaving you staring at the boy once more. Grey-eyes looked even more annoyed now. “Why are you staring at me?” His voice was somehow even colder than before. “I.. I’m sorry” you mumbled. His grey eyes stared into your (e/c) ones. For a moment, it felt right. You averted your eyes from his, your gaze moving to the fresh bruise located on his chin. “I-I’m sorry but does that hurt?” You said quietly, but loud enough so he would hear. “Does what hurt?” He retorted. “Your bruise” you stated, your voice clearer than before. “No” he said shortly. “Can I touch it?” you asked, again. “No” he said coolly; however, your hand slowly makes its way to his bruise. You wanted to touch it, to see how soft his skin feels like in your touch. To see what he would react if you placed your soft lips just above the bluish spot on his chin. You weren’t thinking when you felt a jolt of pain on your hand. Grey-eyes just swatted your hand away. “What part of no do you not get, idiot?” He scoffed and with that he carried his bags away and left the empty classroom. You stood there, thinking what the fuck just happened?

-END OF CHAPTER ONE-

Tbc.. Thanks for reading, I'll try to update soon. I'd really appreciate it if you'd comment so please comment! I'm sorry if this sucked.