Chapter 27. Heaven

Do you know what heaven is? Have you ever experienced it before? If I talk about myself, then I would say 'Yes, of course, I have'.

Being loved by my parents, recipient of unconditional care, and blessed with an awesome little brother was nothing less than heaven. What else could make me more happy and joyful then?

Well... It would be to see the exact same emotions as mine flooding in my monkey's eyes as she handed me the butterscotch ice-cream during our mega college fest.

Seeing Sahil tail her didn't sit well with me; honestly, I couldn't believe I could hate seeing the face of one of my friends so much. And the vibes I was getting from him were really weird ever since I got to know that he was acquainted with Sandhya.

If I had to compare her crush, Priyaank, and my childhood friend, Sahil, I would side with Priyaank without any second thought. I would hate it too if Priyaank was the one Sandy Pandy was going to fall for, but Priyaank was a decent guy.

He knew his boundaries, and I liked that guy's nature too. Again, I was in his favour, but I wouldn't let him win. Okay, getting back on Sahil's topic. I seriously wished to punch him square in the face.

Yes, yes, the first suspicion would be me getting jealous of course. And why shouldn't I be? That idiot nutcase was treating Sandhya as if she was his girlfriend.

By now, I must have knocked him out, right? No. I behaved like a decent human being, as everyone should. Moreover, Mayank bhaiyya would have chopped my head for getting in fight with a guest. Also, my father wouldn't have liked me beating his friend's son to pulp.

Therefore, I kept my anger at bay and treated Sahil with the respect he definitely didn't deserve. He even challenged me to a basketball match that we had been hosting at our stall as a part of our college fest. Unfortunately, Sandhya was unbiased and was cheering for both of us.

Going by how she always behaved around Sahil, I knew she wasn't interested in him. But that didn't mean that Sahil wasn't. Every time I had seen them together, he would either be trying to flirt with her or giving her expensive gifts.

None of the above came under crimes, but whenever he did that, it felt creepy. Like he had ulterior motives behind the sweet smiles and extra attention he paid to my monkey. His behaviour always sent danger signals to my antennas. And I was kind of afraid of Sandy Pandy getting impressed by him, but more than that, I was afraid if she would get hurt by him.

Sahil Arora was the son of a famous politician, and he never shied away from accepting his love affairs, but that didn't make him a spoilt brat. Up until now, he seemed like a nice guy to me. But recently, he was someone I didn't want Sandhya to keep in contact with.

What could I do about that situation though? I couldn't just go and tell Sandhya to avoid Sahil because I thought so. She would have gotten the wrong idea. Thus, keeping my anger and envy aside, I accepted Sahil's challenge. Sahil and I stood side-by-side, and I told him to take the first shot.

As expected, he smirked at me and threw a glance at Sandhya, who was busy bantering with Nikhil.

"I will defeat you in this game, and then I will defeat you for once and all," Sahil whispered so that only I could hear him.

"What the heck is your exact problem?" I asked, keeping my tone low.

"Don't be oblivious, bro. Your emotions are as clear as crystal, but I guess the girl you love is misunderstanding your love for your nice behaviour and nothing else."

"Oh ho? When did you become a love expert, Arora? Did your ex-girlfriends also misunderstand your love for your money?"

Sahil glared at me as if I had ripped out his guts, but before he could retort, one of my teammates butted in and told us to start the game. The spectators were waiting impatiently, and we might lose a lot of crowd if we didn't play.