I Hear Your Heartbeat- Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

After taking a couple seconds to compose himself he then proceeded to say, "Anyway, you deserve it. And now that I have the money to be able to afford nice things, why not spend it on somebody I love?"

"You're too good to me. I don't deserve you."

"Maybe not, but I love you anyway." He replied while grabbing my hand and putting his fingers in between mine while simultaneously giving me a peck on the cheek.

Leading me out of the hotel room, we walked down to the limo waiting for us in the parking lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we arrived closer to the doctor’s office, Liam turned on the music in the limo.

 I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums

Oh what a shame that you came here with someone

So while you're here in my arms

Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young

We're gonna die young

Ke$ha was so contagious. By the end of the ride, we were singing our hearts out and were probably annoying the crap out of the limo driver. That song would definitely be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

We scurried up to the doctors office as fast as possible because we were already 15 minutes late.

After filling out a few forms, we were put in a private room. Sitting down on the examining table, I waited for the doctor to arrive.

"I'm nervous Liam," I said.

Scootching his chair over to be next to me, he grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be okay. We're both young, healthy, people. Everything is going to be just fine."

Liam always knew the right thing to say. Of course, my nerves completely vanished.

Just then, the doctor walked in. She looked like she was Latina, and she was very pretty. If Liam noticed how pretty she was though, he didn't let on. All he was looking at with his perfect baby brown eyes was me.

"Hello, my name is Doctor Spenosa."

"Hi." I said.

"I know you must be very nervous, having your first child." She said as she flipped through the pages in my chart. "But I assure you, there is nothing you need to worry about. Everything about you looks perfectly normal. I just have a few questions though."

She paused for a split second waiting for me to say something, but all I could give was a slight nod. She then continued.

"Do either of you have any family history of heart problems or high blood pressure?"

I looked to Liam and he shook his head.

"No." I replied. I didn't either.

"Okay excellent." She said as she wrote something down in her chart. She then continued. "One last question. Has there been any family history of miscarriages or still births in your family?"