I Hear Your Heartbeat- Chapter 13

Zoeys POV 

"Ready to go baby?" I asked.

"Just a minute hun." Liam said.

Today, we were going to our first doctors appointment together. I had been once before just to make sure that I was pregnant, but that was it.

It was definitely time to go again.

"Hurry up!" I said jokingly. "My appointment is at eleven, and its already 10:50! Can we be on time just once?"

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been late to everything. My own birthday parties, dinner reservations, family gatherings. Literally, EVERYTHING.

I must have gotten it from my parents, and I sure hope my baby doesn't get it from me.

"K babe, ready," Liam said as he walked out of the ginormous  bathroom.

"Are you sure you want to come?" I asked. "Really, you don't have to. I can go by myself if you want to have fun with the boys. There's only a little time left in Atlantis before you have to go on tour."

"Zoey," he said while walking towards me and gathering me up into a warm hug,"there is nothing more I would like to do right now. I said when you told me you were having a baby that I would be there. I don't want to be a bum dad like some people are. I want to be there for the first doctors appointment, first steps, first birthday, first day of school. I want to be there for everything. There is no way in the world that I would miss this."

He was being so nice to me. I really didn't deserve this. I didn't know how to respond to him with words. After all that I did to him, by not telling him that I was having a baby and by telling him I couldn't marry him, I honestly didn't understand why he was still with me. Why he loves me as much as he does.

Lifting my chin up to make my lips the same height as his, I closed my eyes and gave him a warm kiss. If I couldn't tell him how much he meant to me, maybe I could show him.

At first his lips were still, as to keep the kiss still innocent and pure. After a second though, he started kissing back.  

I placed my hands on his back and as the moment drew on, they subconsciously moved lower.

The same as me, his hands started to surreptitiously travel higher and higher until he reached my breasts.

Time stood still as we remained embracing each other in the hotel room together, while melting into the other becoming almost joint as one.

Suddenly, the phone began to ring.

Reluctantly, Liam pulled apart from me and placed his forehead against mine. He didn't leave to answer the phone until the third ring.

Liam walked over and placed the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hi, Mr. Payne? This is Sherry from the front desk. I'm calling to remind you that your private limo is waiting outside for you. You were supposed to be there ten minutes ago, do you still need it?"

A smile appeared on Liam's face.

"Yes, yes." He replied. "Sorry we're late, we'll be right down."

He pressed the end button on the phone to hang up.

"We better get going," he said to me in his adorable British accent.

All I could say was,

"Babe...You got a limo for me???"

"Of course I did sweet cakes."

Then he bursted out laughing.

"I'm so sorry babe but that nickname sounded sooooo much better in my head."