Relax. Everything's Okay- Chapter 6

Zoey's POV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 My. Fingers. Were. Interlocked. With. Liam. Payne's.

O. My. God.

Even though Liam and I got off to a rocky start, every fiber of my being told me to forgive him. Something about him, was just special.

Not the kind of special like the famous superstar special. The kind of special like he was truly a nice guy and I could learn to love him for his personality and not his money.

When he left me this morning, he came back. And now I was going on a date with him.

I wondered where we were going. Usually, I don't like surprises but this time was different. I was excited.

My heart was beating faster than normal and my hands were becoming a little sweaty. I hoped Liam didn't notice, because the feeling of us holding hands sent a burst of electricity through my entire body. I never wanted that feeling to end. Ever.

We were in a cab now, and we had been inside of it for almost 20 minutes.

It was the best can ride I had ever had. We shared little quarks about ourselves to each other, like how I only eat yogurt with a fork because it is more fun, or like the way Liam always carries around chap stick in his pocket because he likes the way it makes his lips feel.

Finally, we arrived. After paying the cab driver 5 pounds, he got out and sprinted over to my door, opening it for me.

"Such a gentleman," I said a little sarcastically but with hidden truth behind it.

"I try to be," he replied with a smirk spreading across his face.

As soon as I got out, I was utterly surprised.

The ginormous ferris wheel blinked with flashing lights, and the scream of delighted children echoed in the distance.

"Ready to go to the carnival?" Liam asked.

"More than ever. I have to be honest though. I am terrified of heights."

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

With that, I felt safe and secure. No questions asked. I just believed that he was telling the truth. Something about him made me believe he couldn't be deceiving. Not to me.

"Come on, let's go on the ferris wheel," he said.

Taking my hand he lead me to the line. While standing towards the back, I noticed many fans were taking pictures. Surely, we would be on all the gossip sights tomorrow. I was still getting used to the fact that I knew somebody famous. It seemed so strange that all eyes in the park were on me. Liam and I. Together.

The line was pretty long, but it seemed to move pretty quickly. Soon we were buckled in tightly to the seat, sitting next to each other. Very close together.

Almost immediately, the ride started to circulate. Wind blowing in my hair, I felt unstoppable as I reached the highest part in whole amusement park. Liam let out a loud scream from excitement. Suddenly I was not scared. Not one bit. I had Liam by my side.

All of the sudden, the ride lurched to a stop. We were at the highest point of the ferris wheel again and it was way to early for the ride to be over already.

In about a minute, a loud intercom stated a terrifying message.

"We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience but it seems as though the ferris wheel's power supply has been cut off. It should be restored shortly. "

O. My. God. Very quickly all my fears started to resurface again. Maybe a little too quickly.

"I knew this would happen! What if we die? Liam, what if we fall? What if we're stuck here forever? What if-"

Suddenly, I felt warm lips press to mine, stopping me from talking. Stopping me from thinking. Stopping me from breathing.

Instinctively, I pulled back a bit, but once I realized what was happening I allowed myself to melt into him. To feel his muscular body, and hold tight to him, never wanting to let go. I interlaced my fingers with his hair, and he pulled me closer to him by pressing his hand to the small of my back.

Sure I'd kissed him before, but this was different. This had feelings involved, and Liam didn't make me feel worried about being hurt.

After about a minute, he pulled back and smiled while pushing his flowy hair to one side.

"Relax. I'm here, and while you're with me, everything's going to be okay. You'll see."

Then, the ferris wheel jerked to life.

"I told you!" he boasted.

His smile was so warm and bright, it made me want to melt into him even more than I already was.

We circulated to ground level again in about 2 minutes, and walked off with interlocking fingers together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for reading!