22.Shrutkirti and Ripudaman: Matchmakers of the century

If you have already read this chapter when I first updated it, aka on May 14 then pls just skip to the A/N

City name: Kaling
Location: Mithila borders
Area: 0.95 km sq.
Population: 6(approximately)

'Oh! You got to be kidding me. Only 6 people.' began Ram his tone still filled with excitement. Helping people had to be his favorite activity, other than staring into Bhumija's large honey-brown eyes ofcourse. 'I am serious. There are only 6 inhabitants here, approximately.' said Bharat who was not shocked at the figures as he had expected it. 'Approximately?' Sita asked while trying not to giggle. Use of a word like approximately while counting human, that too in such little amount, seemed funny to her. 'Yeah this lady is pregnant so I didn't know if it was a 6.5 or 7. Well according to me, he/she isn't born yet so it doesn't count. That's why I said 6. But better safe than sorry.' Bharat gave his sheepish smile while being a dork he is. Ram signed for a moment before beaming at Bharat and Sita even more brightly than before. 'Well, that's just less work for us. We shall proceed without any further delay.'

Mithila was a important exporter of natural spices all over Aryavart. And to manage all the transportation and trade, Gautam (incharge of export and import), along with his family had settled around the borders itself. He had a wife named Sudeshna and a son called Aniruddh. When he left the main city of Videha, his mother Vrindha and his younger brother Hardik decided to accompany he as well saying that they had no one in the world except him. Well that was not true. Hardik had a daughter named Chandrabali, his wife passed away while giving birth to her. 
(I have zero clue why I am telling this to you all.)

The small family was happy amongst themselves despite having to live in a place without any facilities. After all this was for the welfare of their country. Who says that only the army men sacrifice for their country's betterment. Well it must have been their sacrifice and good deeds that resulted in Narayan and Lakshmi visiting them. 'Knock! Knock!' the sound startled Chandrabali who was sweeping near the doors. 'Who could it be?' she wondered out loud. 'A visitor obviously' a voice answered from behind. She clenched her fist in annoyance. Does her brother think that she is that dumb. 'I know' she said while turning out to face Anirudh. 'I know it's a visitor Mr. Mahagyaani. But you see we don't have any visitors here since nobody leaves here. It can't be someone from papa's work. They visited him just 4 days ago. I think'. Another knock from outside cut her sentence short. She was about to flung open the gates but Anirudh decided to open his mouth first. 'What if it's some demons trying to attack us?' Chandrabali stopped dead in her tracks, her body trembling before she quickly composed herself. 'Aren't you aware? Raghukul nadan Ram along with his brothers and the princesses has driven all the demons back. We are safe. And I don't think a demon would have to manners to knock. Now keep your dumb mouth shut.' Chandrabali spoke with utter confident, confident in whoever was behind that gates, which is weird as she has no idea who it was. Oh! She mustn't keep the guest waiting. She sway the doors open and her face immediately lit up with a wide smile.

Standing in front of her was a man, tall, dark and handsome. He had icy blue eyes that looked like a ocean of pure love. Amongst all his sharp perfect features, his divine smile was the most captivating. Right next to him was the most divine lady to have ever existed. Her eyes were a perfect shade of brown, quite large compared to the rest of her features, perhaps the only thing that was large about her. A step or two behind them was yet another divine being. He had a princely vibe around him. Probably the fairest among the three, he had a extremely round face and his lips were curved in a sheepish smile. 'Can we come in?' Ram's voice brought her out of her dreamworld. 'Oh yes ofcourse. Please. It would be our pleasure to have you. I am so sorry for the wait.' The girl ran back inside to call her parents to meet their divine guest. 
_____________________________