V

______________________Synopsis: In which Kung Lao and Nico try to pick up the pieces

Synopsis: In which Kung Lao and Nico try to pick up the pieces. But can the center hold?
Warning(s): Explicit language, graphic death, blood, violence, gore, possible smut(?) more to be added in series...
Note: Here's the rest of the "VirgoCut" y'all were asking for LMAO. You're welcome 😉.
______________________

6 hours. That was all it took. 6 hours for Nico to stop thinking with his heart, and use his head. It took an hour after that, for him to realize he'd judged Kung Lao too harshly.

Kung Lao had lied to him and there was no excuse good enough to justify. Not one Nico could come up with, anyway. Which was the problem. Nico was trying to make sense of it all without Kung Lao to argue his side.

Then again, how could he trust anything Kung Lao said to him? After he'd lied about something so important.

That's where Nico always fell short of concrete ground. Kung Lao never promised, in clear terms, that he'd help Nico uncover his past. He'd offered protection, and that's it. He even told Nico why. Because Raiden made him. He made it clear, from the beginning, that Nico was just a mission. A vow he made to Raiden.

He didn't care about Nico, he even said as much the first night they met. So why did his betrayal hurt so much? Why did the thought of Kung Lao's lies feel like barbed wire around his heart? They were lies of omission, but lies nonetheless.

Lies from a man he trusted despite the life time of experiences telling him he shouldn't. Kung Lao made it easy. Nico didn't know what he did differently than any other con man, but whatever it was, it did the trick. He'd fallen under the monk's spell. Look where it led.

To Nico being worse off.

On his third box of chocolate covered raisins, he made the decision to order food of actual substance. Pizza. He couldn't binge watch Workaholics without a worthy snack. On top of that, chocolate covered raisins weren't fatty enough to eat his feelings with.

If he drank, he would've been swimming at the bottom of the bottle. If he smoked, his lips would be covered with the ash. If he had any meds left, he would've taken them. Perhaps, all at once. Not that it would've accomplished anything.

He'd tried that before. Multiple times. But he always came back. Always.

When a knock sounded against his door, Nico knew it wasn't the pizza man. It was reality knocking. He was smart enough to know Outworld's champions wouldn't knock. That could only be 1 man.

Nico wanted to ignore the knock, but he wanted to talk more. It was stupid, and he knew it. Wanting an explanation from Kung Lao, wanting a reason. When he already knew the reason deep down.