Aria's Recollection 4: Growing Comfort At The Cost Of Increased Tension

The Next Day

Currently, it was the second period and Aria happened to have a free period. Once again, she found herself on top of the rooftop until someone else was trying to enter. 

What...?! This is a first...!

Aria was startled by the rumbling of the doorknob until it opened.

"To think you would be here. It's the only place we haven't looked but," Ace entered the rooftop he looked at the door that he had just unlocked using a key. "How did you even get in here in the first place? No wonder why there's barely any reports of you getting bullied." 

"I... uh... oh no..."

Ace had entered the rooftop with a key in his hand. Aria had dropped her mouth with anxiety, for some reason her body was in a state of nervousness, she tried to open up her bottle of tablets in response but dropped a tablet on the ground.

"Relax... you're not in trouble. There's a reason why this rooftop is locked and well its not a good reason either." Ace's tone went cold at the last few words until his realisation kicked in. "Wait... can you answer my first question." Returning to his usual tone.

"I pick locked my way in..." Aria answered in a quiet voice. 

"Huh?" His eyes widened in surprise then soon returned to his usual expression placing his finger under his chin. "Hmm, that does make sense. Well, I'm going to make sure that someone is always with you during your free periods and your breaks from now on."

"Huh...?! I'm not... really... a person to talk to anyone else..." Aria held her fingertips together. 'Except you...' Aria kept this to her head.

"Aren't I any different. We're the opposite gender so technically it's even easier if you're talking with another girl. But unfortunately you got a rowdy one since you two only met just yesterday I'll give her your location."

"Wait...! This is all too sudden Ace! Gods its better if I take a pill now."

"Please take the recommended dosage if you are. That is something I can report as a disciplinary member you know. Well, she's with a friend this time. Don't worry, they're not one of Georgia's goons so you guys have fun here." Ace says as he turns his back waving goodbye.

"Where are you going...?" 

"To keep an eye on Georgia and others of course. Leave everything to me." Ace says with a confident tone before exiting the area.

Aria took a deep breath remembering her talk with Ace from yesterday.

Hilda... the same Hilda that tried to talk to me. I ran away from her even though she invited me. I'm a horrible person. Aria thought as she sat against the fence looking down.

After a few seconds, she heard footsteps heading her way and before she could react a girl slammed the door open with a beaming smile on her face. 

"Yahallo~! So this is where you've been hiding all this time Aria?" Recognising the voice Aria leaned back shyly not knowing how to even react or respond. 

"We met yesterday It's me Hilda. I also brought one of our friends, she should be coming up here soon. Though I left her in a rush hehe." 

"Nice to meet you... sorry about yesterday I-"

"It's fine it's fine! I totally understand what you've been through. Though... you look like you experienced worst." Hilda says leaning in closer to Aria paying close attention to her eyes. 

Creak...

The two girls looked to their left noticing the door opening, they heard someone breathing as if they had run a marathon, Hilda recognised the person and walked over to get her.