The Recruitment

PRESENT DAY - 04 MAY 2021

Ah, another ordinary day in the forest of Gravity Falls. I was once again being tied up and captured by gnomes, forcing me to marry them to become their, 'so called queen' of theirs. I mean, why would they marry someone that is more than 5 times their height?

"Oh, Mabel, this is not how I wanted this evening to go," Jeff complained, lightly slapping me in the cheek.

"I know how you wanted this evening to go," I groaned miserably in the rock I was tied up in. "Believe me, Jeff, this is better."

"Where is your brother right now? Invited by the FBI to see them aliens, yes?" Jeff interrogated. "Does he think we have to go through him first to have our bride?"

"I-I thought you finally moved on and had some interest in... Gideon," I tried to weasel out of the situation.

"Gideon, a boy, a fool," Jeff repeated. "Ah, my shooting star, your gullible hope betrays you. The famous Mystery Twin adventurer... and she turns out to be simply another pretty face. "

"You really think I'm pretty?" I snared.

"Tell Shmebulock we don't need him... to get the tanks," Jeff ordered Carson, while Steve started choking my jaw. "Tell him the boy is out. Well..."

"...You may have to take the ring."

The ominous moment was suddenly interrupted when my cellphone started ringing out. I tried to bend down, using my mouth to grab the phone, but Carson nabbed it from my pocket first before answering it for himself.

"... who is this?" he muttered into the phone, before minutes later, giving it to Jeff. "It's for her."

Jeff had enough of setbacks and annoyances delaying him from trying to propose to me, whipping the phone up to his ear and started to rant in the screen.

"You listen carefully," Jeff threatened, "you-"

"Mr. Jeff the Gnome, this is Lieutenant Monty Monogram of the U.S. Organization without a Cool Acronym," the person on the other end of the phone said, disregarding Jeff's words. "You are in the Mysterious Woods of Gravity Falls, Oregon, and you have captured Mabel Pines. We have a stealth bomber jet flying above you right now, which you can not even see. Put the girl on the phone or we will blow up the woods before you can even make the edge of town."

Jeff seemed a little bit shaken by the stern, firm voice on the phone. I'm pretty sure he knew this wasn't any government scam, and all of us could slightly hear a faint roar of a plane over our heads. Jeff put the phone next to my ear, while I tilted my head to my elbow to hold it in.

"We need you to come in," the man told me.

"Are you kidding? I'm busy right now," I refused. "I don't even know who is this, stranger danger!"

"This is more important," the man replied. "Trust me, I'm with the government guys who invited your brother and great uncle to that... field trip to that military base."

"Seriously? I'm in the middle of being forced to marry a thousand gnomes, and this moron here is not even trying," I grumbled.

"I... I am trying to marry you, my destiny!" Jeff interjected, confused by what I was saying on my side of the phone.

"Look, you can't pull me out of this right now," I said, looking back at Jeff.

"Mabel... we've just received some devastating information about that... 'field trip' your brother, Mason 'Dipper' Pines, and your great uncle, Stanford Pines were invited to," the man informed. "I'm very sorry, but..."