remember

there y/n and oikawa were 'studying', in the library

there y/n and oikawa were 'studying', in the library. however, today wasnt like other days, it was sadder for y/n and oikawa seemed to notice that.

- - -

y/n sat there staring at the page of her book, while oikawa was talking his ass off.

"YEAH- can you believe iwa did that and then-"

he stopped, he looked a y/n. it was noticeable on her face that she wasnt paying attention to him.

"hey~ y/n?"

he swatted his hands in front of her face, snapping her out of whatever trance she was under.

"h-huh"

she stuttered out, he looked at her disappointed but confused at the same time.

"are you ok?"

he asked, she turned from her book and look him in the eyes.

silence filled the room for a moment that felt like it lasted an eternity.

"yeah...why"

he look at her "you seem....off"

"oh it's nothing" she sighed, turning the page of her book. "so shall we-"

"what's wrong? are you ok?" he protested, he wanted to know what was going on with her.

'has he always been so...pushy?' she thought, "I told you, it's nothing I swear-"

"tell me. please? it's only fair you tell me your problems since your helping me with mine right?"

she clicked her tongue, a slight frown appeared at the side of her mouth. she closed up her book, as oikawa eagerly sat in front of her waiting her answer.

'maybe boy troubles?' he thought, but he felt his stomach twist and turn at the thought of y/n dating someone.

'why does it hurt to think about y/n dating someone?'

'we aren't even dating...'

"so..." she trailed off, "...so?" he asked

"today's the day when my father died."

- - -

thirteen years ago.

5 year old y/n and her mother had just came back from getting ice cream.

"mummy do we have enough ice cream for dad?" y/n asked.

y/n and her father had a great bond, she couldn't imagine a life without her dad.

"of course we do! we cant forget about him now can we?" her mother smiled.

her mother got the keys to the house out of her purse and put them in the lock. she opened the door.

"honey! me and y/n are home and we brought your favorite!!" her mother smiled, she looked down at y/n.

"yeah!! we brought stawrberry ice cream!" y/n stuttered out, despite being 5 she still a little bit of trouble pronouncing things.

"honey?" her mother's smiled slightly faded, she walked with y/n into the kitchen where they saw the graphic scene.

y/n's father was the floor with a fresh rose stabbed into his heart.

he was dead.

y/n was froze in her spot, tears on the verge of spilling, everything stopped.

she felt her vision going black, she was lightheaded, she didn't know what was happening it was like....

..................it was like y/n's entire life was ending.

- - -

"......wow"

oikawa really didn't know what else to say, what she had just told him was too much information to process at once.

"...yeah so" she lightly smiled, she looked up at the ceiling "he...he wouldn't want to see me sulking like this anyway." she wiped her tears and looked at oikawa.

they both stared into each others eyes in silence,

"aha it's mega awkward now huh" she laughed, he chuckled

"your right about that y/n"

'why did him saying my name now feel differently than all the other times..'

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄!

lol </3