Chapter 1

Kana looked out of the mobile worker's camera to see Orga standing at the gate looking for her.

The fuel light flashed red, catching her attention. She wiped the sweat dripping off her face and cursed under her breath. She headed back to the garage away from her other allies practicing battle formations and techniques.

"Alright Kana you can get out now," Yamagi called out.

Climbing out of the mobile worker and taking off the wires hooked to the Alaya-Vijnana system, Orga called out drawing her attention to him.

"Hey, Kana!" Nodding her head to Yamagi and to the old man across the workshop, she headed toward her friend.

"How did practice go? You guys don't look half bad right now."

She walked past him with her hands in her pockets. "Really good surprisingly." They both headed to the barracks so Kana could change. "So how did the meeting with Maruba go?"

"Fine. He just gave us the run down for the new mission." Orga didn't seem thrilled and Kana shared that same feeling. The pause between both of them were thick and awkward. One expected the other to make a comment but neither had the balls to do it. 

Another mission meant another reason for first core to be up their ass and breathing down their neck. One wrong move and it was over for them, but hell at least it got them out of this dump for at least some time. Though for Kana that meant being forced to spend more time with that disgusting no good leader of first core. A bad taste formed in her mouth whenever he was brought up. Those grimy hands of his and fowl mouth had been too comfortable around her lately. She wasn't gonna let him have anytime of day around her anymore if he wanted to live. "We're taking some girl to Earth. Oddly enough she specifically asked for the third core." Orga said, breaking Kana out of her thoughts.

"What?" She shook her head with confusion. "Dude there's no way they're going to let us go to earth by ourselves."

Both stopped as the door to the sleeping quarters opened in front of them. They were welcomed by the lovely flickering lights and terrible odor of sweaty teenage boys.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." Taking a seat on one of the beds Orga continued as she grabbed a fresh shirt and stripped the old one. "They already treat us like a bunch of idiot kids now, much less sending us to Earth alone." He closed his eyes and shook his head.

She sighed at the common vagueness of the adults. "Well, I guess we'll find out soon. Not like we have a choice anyway." Nodding in agreement, she turned to look for her hair tie. "So any more details? Like how long we're gonna be gone, why she's even going, or shit at least her name?" Finally finding one and tying it into a ponytail she looked at her best friend.

"He said she's going to earth for some kind of freedom movement for Mars. Do you know anything about that?" He slowly stood up and made his way to Kana's bed and grabbed her jacket.

She looked down at floor for a minute before shrugging her shoulders and answering. "I don't know Atra might have said something about it."

"You not being able to remember? What a surprise." Laughing he handed her the jacket.

"Thanks" She said bluntly before giggling and grabbed it.

"Whatever, come on let's go eat. I'm starving!"

The already flickering lights shut off as the automatic door closed. The hallway's familiar musty smell wavered through the air. Orga notices Kana's shoulders slumped as she got lost in thought. He placed his hand on her and gently squeezed.

"Hey yo-"

"Did they ever say her name?" She said cutting him off.

"Oh um probably did but I didn't catch it." He smiled awkwardly making her giggle.

"Wow someone listened."

"Shut up." He paused and glared down the hall and back at her. Wanting to distract her from the thoughts he decided to challenge her. "Bet I can get to the cafeteria first!"

"Oh, yea? Try me shorty!" She shouted as she raced down the hall, Orga on her heels.

"I'm taller than you stupid!" He shouted back.

He hated seeing Kana upset. He wanted to spend time with her and make her happy as much as he could before they left for earth. Only God knew what was waiting for them out there on their own, especially if his plan worked they really would be on their own.