Having a ball at Cornwall

The family left London at the break of dawn and took of for Cornwall to cover the Camelot Days Medieval Faire for their travel blog. The twins also made up their mind to buy their costumes there for the faire as well seeing that a costume store back home in San Francisco didn't have what they were looking for which greatly disappointed Jake and his twin sister. Mavis hopes to find a costume store in the area to provide with them the perfect Ren Faire outfits.

Their parents began taking the first couple pictures along with some of twins posing for some pictures calling them having pre-faire excitement along with an eagerness to learn about Cornwall.

A stray tawny British Shorthair cat watches intently at the twin siblings looking around and exploring the city from an alleyway behind a trashcan.

"Why don't you kids go explore for a bit and we'll meet right at this café at 4 o'clock." Sophie said handing her twin children some money and a town map so they won't get lost. "Isn't this just the one map dad grabbed?" Jake asked holding what he thought was one map until a extra seemed to poke out. "He didn't there's another one we can take." Mavis said spotting the extra map giving it to her father. "Now, before we let you two go remember that we are not in San Francisco anymore and,"
"We know, things are done differently here, be respectful and stay out of trouble." The twins said together knowing this rule their parents established since they became travel bloggers and took them everywhere they went.

"That's right, you two be careful out there and be on your best behavior." Said their mother as she and her husband take off for their own ventures. "Where do you wanna go first?" Jake got hold of the map turning it this way and that. "How about a costume shop?" She said checking the map legend out seeing a costume and novelty shop called "Madame Margaret's Costumes and Trickery". "We can get our costumes for Camelot Days!" The boy said with stars in his eyes taking his sister by the hand and with the map, heading to Madame Margaret's.

The walk took a good half hour when they made it to the store and letting themselves in ringing the bell above their heads. "Ah, customers. Welcome to my store we are having a 50% off sale." Greeted a British woman with brown hair, wearing a quarter sleeve dress with silver crescent moons and golden stars printed at the skirt sporting royal blue framed reading glasses. "Are you, Madame Margaret?" Jake asked. "The one and only and, please call me Margaret." They nodded complying with the rather eccentric looking shopkeep. "What can I do for you, children?" She asks leading them further into her shop. "We're looking for costumes for the Camelot Days Medieval Faire." Mavis tells her. "You're in luck, because I just got new arrivals of Renaissance, medieval era costumes just in time before the faire rush and trust me the store becomes a bloody madhouse as if seasonal shopping came early." Madame Margaret says revealing some costumes that look perfect for the faire. "Call it fate but I think we came at the right time before the good stuff was gone." Mavis said perusing the costumes and props. "There's better variety than what we get back home!" Jake eagerly sifts through the costumes finding some to try on. "He means to say is that we had no luck at our home city in San Francisco." Explained Mavis. "The good ol' Golden State of California." Jake said grabbing a costume and heading to a fitting room. "Having trouble there, dear?" Margaret asks seeing Mavis hold a light purple and white dress with puffed Juliet sleeves. "I guess, and these costumes are all too good to choose only one for Camelot Days." Madame Margaret nods in understanding. "I've had dealt with a similar problem not every costume is the same and before you know it, you'll find the right one calling to you." The redheaded girl takes her words to heart. "Let your intuition guide you and the perfect one will come to you." Mavis lets her hand search through the rack of medieval costumes until it came to stop at one dress. "I think I found the perfect one."
"How delightful, was I not right?"
"You were, Maragret."

Jake poked his head out the fitting room wearing the costume he picked out.

"How does it look, is the crown and cape a little too over the top?" Jake asked showing Mavis and Madame Margaret

"How does it look, is the crown and cape a little too over the top?" Jake asked showing Mavis and Madame Margaret. "I would recommend a smaller crown for you but you look great, lad." Said the brunette shopkeep impressed by Jake's costumed esemble he put together. "Lose the cape and you're good." Mavis said slipping behind the curtian changing into the costume she picked out by letting her intuition guide her.  "Pay no mind to her, you do what makes you happy." She said switching out the first crown Jake was wearing for a smaller one that won't give him a headache.

"This one feels much better, Margaret and it also allows my cowlick to breathe

"This one feels much better, Margaret and it also allows my cowlick to breathe." He said pointing at the part of his hair standing proudly on end. "I am keeping the cape and I also got a sword too." He excitedly unsheathes his prop sword holding up high with pride. "It's days like these that made me wish I had children of my own." Smiled Madame Margaret.

Mavis slowly steps out of the fitting room in her picked costume not wanting to see her reflection in the mirror just yet. "So, how does mine look, ready for Camelot Days or nay?"

Jake was stunned at how great his sister looks in a fuschia pink and gold trimmed gown with a conical princess hat on her head

Jake was stunned at how great his sister looks in a fuschia pink and gold trimmed gown with a conical princess hat on her head. "Perfect for Camelot Days and you look like a maiden fair." A smile takes form on her face. "You really think so?"
"Totally, sis! I can't wait to see the look on mom and dad's faces when they see you and me ready to go." Jake agrees.
"We'll take 'em!" They said together with satisfaction and happiness having found their costumes and thankfully, Madame Margaret takes US American money after she told them that she has had tourists from different parts of the world come visit her humble costume store.

"Do come again now during your stay at Cornwall."
"We will soon, Madame Margaret."

They soon visit a bookstore giving Mavis the opportunity find some extra reading on Arthurian legends and hopefully get some information to find Avalon. "Those are quite the set of books you have there, young lady." A young woman with sapphire blue dyed hair sporting a black and red checkered skirt and white blouse said reading a novel. "Oh, I thought I'd do a little bit of reading and King Arthur seemed to get my attention." Mavis tells her. "That's good and I'm a bit of legend lover myself. I'm Kathryn, but I prefer to go by Kat for short."
"My name's Mavis and over by that armchair with his own book stack is my twin brother, Jake." She said shaking Kat's hand. "It's very nice meeting you both and let me be the first to welcome you both to Cornwall."

They talked together for some time and brought up Jake accidentally drooling on a book cover which made him blush deep red bonking his sister over the head with the foam sword he bought clarifying that it was one time.

"Well I found this book that might have the answers you're looking for." The bluenette said handing it over to Jake who gives it a read and gasped. "This book can lead us to Avalon!"
"We don't know for sure that it does." Mavis tells him looking at the book in the saphhire bluenette's hands titled The Real Isle of Avalon. "I don't blame your skepticism, kid. They even called the book's author an absolute and total quack for trying to change legend and myth into fact and reality."

'Would you call me and my brother total quacks if I splash you in the face with the real mystical water from the Fountain of Youth me and Jake discovered?!' Thought Mavis until a wall clock caught her attention. "Would you look at the time,  Jake and I have to get going. Great seeing you Kat." She takes her brother's hand leaving the bookstore for the café to meet with their parents as promised and talk about plans for Camelot Days.