三 | 3

"Everything depends on you"

Jake mumbled to himself. Finally, they have arrived at Jake's place. Jake's mother didn't expect any guests at their house but she remained calm and friendly.

"Oh hey, Jake! Who do we have here?" Mrs Shim kindly asked, "Mom, this is Sunghoon, my new friend!" "Ah, a new friend I see. Wow, he's really handsome you know" Jake's mother spoke and winked at Jake. "Mom..." Jake whined and gave a glance to his mother. "Just kidding Jakey.. Now go on, have fun with your new friend I won't be bothering you two-" Mrs Shim said and realized another small person who's holding Jake's hand. "you three.. Who's this little cutie?" "Oh, that's my little sister, Yeji" Sunghoon finally let out a word with a small chuckle.

"Ohh, your little sister. She's really cute" Mrs Shim kneeled and squeezed Yeji's adorable chubby cheeks. "Is it okay if I take her? I mean I want to show her something which I assume she would like it" Mrs Shim asked, "Oh, yeah sure!" Sunghoon replied and slowly leading Yeji to Jake's mother.

Yeji seemed comfortable with Jake's mother which is Sunghoon glad about. Ever since they moved with their parent's none of them Sunghoon nor Yeji felt comfortable around them. They would always shout, punch, scream and break some stuff. But right now, they are at least at a safe place.

Jake looked at Sunghoon how he was smiling slightly. "Are you okay Hoonie?" "Y-yeah, I'm fine it's just... I'm happy to see Yeji finally feels comfortable" "Oh, if that's so then... Let's go to my room!" Jake dragged Sunghoon to his room.

"Woah, you have a nice room"

"Well, thank you!"
Jake thanked him and started to open his windows and clean his small stuff.

Meanwhile, Sunghoon sat on Jake's bed and looked around. Since Sunghoon didn't have spare clothes, he had no idea how he's going to go back to his house since his family is an incomplete mess.

Sunghoon was thinking about staying here with Jake for the night, but he wasn't sure how he's going to ask him. Out of nowhere Jake suddenly spoke "Hm... How about if you stay here for the night. Since it's kinda late and also I'm assuming you don't want to go there either" Jake amazed Sunghoon's mind. At the moment he was mind blown as Jake read Sunghoon's mind. "Hm sure but I don't have any spare clothes with me nor for Yeji" "That's okay, You can borrow my clothes and for Yeji... I think I have spare small clothes from my sister" Jake said and went to the guest room to take some spare clothes for Sunghoon's sister.

Sister? Does Jake have a sister? He didn't tell me that he has a sister. As far as I know Jake was the only child... Well, that's what Jungwon told me. Sunghoon thought. He turned around and realized Jake wasn't here. Hmm probably he went to take clothes for my sister. I should look around I guess. Sunghoon stood up and walked around and interviewing Jake's room.

Sunghoon came across at Jake's table. There wasn't that much stuff but there were only school books and a few pencils. He noticed a small photo under the table.

Sunghoon picked it up and looked at it. A small Jake looked around 7 or 8 years old and he was holding the newborn baby which Sunghoon assumed that's his little sister. He smiled but soon as he looked at the back of the photo his smile started to fade away. "Shim Youngmi I miss you... I'm really sorry that I couldn't protect you. Hopefully, you're in a better place" After Sunghoon read that, just in time Jake came to his room with the clothes in his hands.

Jake came closer to Sunghoon at what was he staring at. He startled a bit as he felt an arm wrapped around his shoulder. Sunghoon looked at Jake and gave the photo to him.