Chapter 00 || Prologue

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Sudden throw

~Olafur Arnalds

⚜⚜⚜

It was silent. But not the silence which is in churches or in the early mornings but the silence which is after a disaster, after a massacre, after death.

The Earth was also mourning. Dark gray clouds hung in the sky, not allowing sun rays to seep through casting a gloomy shadow. All signs of life, happiness were gone; no children laughed, no birds chirped and no butterflies fluttered.

Entering the chapel and passing over the lines and lines of pews; in front of the Gods, there lay a coffin in which rested a young boy. He looked at peace, as though asleep. But his death was far from a peaceful one. He still had long years to live, things to experience, places to visit and relations to make but fate had cut his time short.

It was a funeral of a boy, a kind, angelic boy.

Why had a pure boy like him met this fate?

Everyone was mourning. His parents had their farewell just a while ago. The father had held the mother while she wept for the young death of her only son. The father had silently crumbled on the inside. 

Parents weren't supposed to attend their child's funeral.

His sister had kissed him on the cheek and whispered 'dormi bene' and went and hugged her mother as she broke into sobs too, while thinking of rest of her life when she wouldn't have an elder brother to guide her when she was lost and protect her when she was scared.

A sister shouldn't have to say goodbye to her brother. 

His friend but brothers by bond stood aside silently mourning his death while internally blaming themselves for not being by his side when the shot was fired. On that day, they swore to protect those he loved for they couldn't protect him.

Brothers shouldn't have to bury their brother.

One by one his friends, family had said their goodbyes. All the while a dark haired girl stood in the corner looking ahead but not really seeing, as though in a trance. Her black robe blended with the shadows but the shadows in her mind drowned her. 

They were waiting for her to come forward and say her goodbyes.

She didn't want to go, if she does it will all be real. If she sees him, he will be dead. This way at least he was alive in her mind.

After gathering a bit of courage she forced herself off the wall. She started taking small steps towards him, all the while her thoughts screamed no.