Chapter 11 || Interrogation

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Incinerate our shackles

Come down to the Black Sea

~Black Sea

⚜⚜⚜

Rose walked down and entered her kitchen to see her parents already there waiting for her. And her heart dropped when she saw their expressions. She had expected this but that didn't make her prepared. 

Mrs. Rodriguez was a strict and disciplined woman. She was an honorary lawyer and was a respected woman. Right now as well, she was dressed to perfection, her clothes pressed and oozed respect. While her husband stood in front of her, wearing a suit and ready to go for a meeting; but unlike other parents they always paid attention to their daughter's life even if they might not be around much.

"Is it true what I heard?" Mrs. Rodriguez questioned Rose.

Rose nodded.

"Why did you do it?" She interrogated.

"She provoked me" Rose replied.

"And you couldn't have chosen to ignore it and walk away?"

"Sorry I am not a robot." Rose muttered under her breath.

"What did you say now?" She asked, her face hard.

"I said I have feelings. She accused me of something which was entirely wrong and I couldn't simply walk away." She answered back.

"Why did you use violence? And she surely couldn't have said something so bad."

"Sure go ahead and take everyone's but your daughter's side. Because I am the only one who does a mistake every single time!" Rose's voice rising.

 "There is no need to shout" Mrs. Rodriguez warned.

"I am sorry I am not who you want me to be! Sorry I make mistakes, sorry I am not your perfect daughter!"

"Rose that is no way to talk to your mom." Her dad said sternly.

"D-Dad she said I didn't deserve h-him. She accused me of cheating with h-his best friend." She had started crying by now. Her father would understand her.

"You knew it was a lie, you could have walked away." Her mother still commanded.

"I guess it's enough for today, mi amore." He said as he went wrapped Rose in a hug.

Mrs. Rodriguez just huffed and walked out of the house. 

"She loves you, you know that right? Even though she doesn't show it." He said as he rubbed her back.