Start of a Revolution

So here's Chapter 6 of Kingdoms Lost!

It's another Monday and I'm back in session for school once again. Lots of stuff being planned in the next few months that I am looking forward to. Along with a whole bunch of testing, I've got some another big school production and a journalism competition in April... Then it's already May after that and summer would start soon... Then it's more production and afterwards I finally get my break!

Here's the good news! Ninja and I have decided to bring Rebellion out of the ashes. She and I are in the process of figuring out where we left and off and once she is able to write once again, we will continue with the story! I'm very excited for that most of all! I absolutely love Rebellion, especially the plot and backstories of all the characters, especially my OC Rachel. If you haven't read that one, I highly suggest you do.

For this chapter... let me just outline this one. The italicized sentences are events in the past. The non-italicized ones are in the present.

SotC: Centuries - Fall Out Boy

Ryan's POV

"Only one more lesson to go."

"Okay, father."

Rain poured down in Star City, drenching the path to the marketplace in thick layers of water. The dark grey sky had touches of red coloring, which created fierce tension.

"I want you to truly believe in our goals, son."

"I do believe. I really do."

As I strode down the path, I adjusted the bat-shaped mask covering the skin around my eyes and nose. I strapped the string of my black hooded cape around my neck and flipped up the hood to disguise myself and shield my suit from the rain.

"All you have to do is take this one log and chop it down with your axe."

"I don't think I can do it, father. I'm only five."

Slipping black leather gloves onto my fingers with ease, I reached the marketplace. However, before I attended the gala with Natalie, I was required to host an important meeting. But it was not just any important meeting.

When my father passed away, I took on the leadership of the strongest and bravest team of rebels in town. My father's job promoted revolution against the royalty, and I planned to carry on his legacy.

"It's quite a very easy process but it takes a lot of work."

"Okay. I can try..."

Of course I never told Mitch about the revolution; revealing my secret would've turned him against my cause. My team was in the midst of preparing a siege on the castle, and the gala seemed like the perfect time to strike. Most of my seventy recruits were already gathered around an elevated stone platform when I arrived to the meeting. I grinned, willing to do anything to get what I wanted.

"You might not know, but with the strength of this one birch tree log…"

"Yes?"

Alia, my intelligent second-in-command, recognized my mask and slithered in-between the people in the crowd of the marketplace to join my side. "Ryan, they're ready," he whispered. I nodded my head and stepped onto the platform. The once giddy crowd faced my direction, their volume lowering as I begun my speech.

"You can eventually rule Star City… and the world."

"Oh. I like the sound of that."