Daydreaming

Welcome back to Kingdoms Lost! This chapter is decently short and not as exciting as Chapter 2, but it puts a little more backstory to Jerome and his side of the story.

One thing: I have no opinion on this whole Adam/Bashur scenario. I didn't watch Bashur's reveal video, but I know the basics of it. In conclusion, I'm not siding with anyone cause I don't even watch their videos anymore. So, yeah. It's better if everyone in this community would just back off and not cause drama on Twitter, Instagram, etc, and keep it to themselves. I'm talking about all the time, not just this situation. I'm pretty freaking tired of it. That's all.

Also, those people who are lucky enough to go to PAX East... just... you're all so lucky. Seeing Lachlan and all. He's my YT crush if you didn't already know. Crossing fingers that I can go to PAX Prime in the summer and maybe meet him...

Putting all that stuff aside, enjoy Chapter 3 of Kingdoms Lost!

SotC: Daydreaming - Ariana Grande

Jerome's POV

Being a prince required hard and terrifying intense work. From managing endless requests from the King to preparing to fulfill his position as ruler of Star City to controlling positivity, I confirmed that I was appreciated by everyone in the town. As far as I was aware of, the townspeople liked me, but they weren't too keen on my dad and his actions.

According to rumors, Lord Nucciarone, a very important Lord in Star City, murdered the sly leader of a rebellion and his wife, angering unsatisfied commoners. As my father's second most trusted man, Lord Nucciarone administered the Commissioner of Property position, meaning he supervised who owned what, how much they owned, and if they reached the point of no return. Later rumors spread that another leader was rising up from the ashes and recruiting more people to take over my family's throne. After realizing that the castle had staffed more soldiers than usual, I recognized the first wave of chaos would arrive sooner than expected.

As soon as I came home from meeting Mitch in the marketplace, I raced past groups of guards towards the squeaky clean kitchen. I knew my best friend Matthew, also known as Matt, Nucciarone would be stocking up on plenty of junk food for his oh-so-called "dietary needs." His father was coincidentally the same Lord who was getting all the bad press. As well as my best friend, Matt also served as an official advisor of the prince, and arranged galas hosted for me, including the party for my 20th birthday.

Matt Nucciarone was an odd one for living in the castle, but he and I bonded even before we officially met. When we were only six, rebel child Matt and I encountered in the hallway near by bedroom. Although knowing I was the prince, he dared me to pull down the pants of a guard, which I completed successfully. After seeing my bravery, Matt gave me his sign of respect and we befriended each other. At 11 years old, Matt was named as my advisor by the King himself, who informed me we would be closer than any other people in the castle. My father wasn't wrong at all. I went to Matt for everything: simple things like how to tie a tie or the best foods in town, not so simple things such as riding a horse or boy problems, which were not easy at all, and difficult issues like mourning the loss of a pet ocelot.

My friend sat on a wooden stool and picked off a slice of cheese with his teeth as I walked into the room. A small knife laid on the table beside the cheese, most likely used to cut the food into small pieces. He noticed my presence and talked with his mouth full of parmesan cheese. "Jerome, hey! Where've you been?"

"Places," I told him nonchalantly.

"What type of places?"

"The town square."