The Beginning

Here it is. After months of preparation and writing, I have finished the process of creating what is now known as Kingdoms Lost. Let it be known, this is the first time I've written an entire story before uploading it to this website, and I am very proud of myself cause I didn't even think I would be able to do it.

I have fallen in love with this story. In my opinion, it is absolutely the best fanfiction I've ever written. The original concept came up while I was writingLegend, and from there, I started developing it and making sure the story was perfect. In the final drafts, it turned out to be a twisted version of Cinderella, with of course the addition of Merome.

All the characters in this story are YouTubers based off their Minecraft aliases but humanized. For example, Jerome is dressed in his suit for the majority of this fic, but is not a bacca hybrid (and so forth with the other characters).

(For each chapter there will be a song that goes with it ie) SotC: Viva La Vida - Coldplay

I hope you like the first chapter out of 14 of Kingdoms Lost. And yes, I did write 14 chapters in three months. In my mind, this is an accomplishment (since you all know how bad I get with writer's block)!

Now let's take a journey far into the land of Minecraftia...

Tyler's POV

The power of true love and friendship can impact two completely opposite lives.

One lived in prosperity, getting everything he could wish for. But in his heart, he needed to be free of his many duties.

The other spent his lonely days in captivity pushed around and treated like nothing, wondering when he would be free.

This is where their story begins.

There was once a time where everyone got along and respected each other. There was a time where crime was not an issue and the peasants and royal court sat side by side. Kings, Queens, and their mighty armies stormed the castles of enemies, working together as a whole. Peasants gathered necessities for themselves while being treated with the upmost dignity by the royals. But during the time when my only child was born, the world surrounding our small kingdom changed. Rebel groups formed, seeking power and greed. The royalty feared losing their title, belongings, and lives. No one in the city I called home remembered the time where love ruled the lands. However, in the midst of this drastic change, I would lose the one thing I loved the most: my son.

In the land of Minecraftia, many rulers gripped controls of the kingdoms. For many generations, the Aceti family reigned over Star City, the location where this story takes place. The Acetis were kind, generous, and considerate to everyone, including those lower than them. But when Captain Jordan Aceti, passionate King of Star City and brave war general, passed away, his naive son stepped into the high-ranked position. The townspeople found this new ruler, King Jason, careless to their relentless efforts. Jason tried his hardest to regain their loyalty, but the lies and rumors spread like wildfires. The peasants established violent rebel groups, who would ransack properties owned by the Acetis. With no choice left, Jason recruited people of extreme loyalty, including myself, to fight for his kingdom and protect the common citizens from these extremists. Eventually, the King placed favorable trust in me concerning his army, promoting me to Lord War General Tyler Hughes. My name would be forever remembered in Star City history.

On the seemingly glorious day this story starts, Jason held his fearless newborn son in his arms as the normally quiet King stood on a elegant platform before the court's elderly priest. His wife, the beautiful Jennifer, remained joyful at her husband's side, glancing down at her baby. The boy snuggled deeply into the sleeve, rubbing his the blonde hairs on his head against Jason's velvet tunic as the priest read off the baby's official name.