Four - "He is the reason why I can't love anymore."

Me and Grae are cruising up to the DGC with the others not too far behind us. We pull up to find the guys waiting for us.

"Yo, we can't go anywhere, Cole's car is dead." Danny tells us as we pull up.

"She's not dead, she'll be fine." He announces from under the car.

"Well, we gotta go soon or we're gonna miss the rendezvous." Asher adds.

"I'll leave my car here then, I'll jump in with Laurie instead." Cole states as he stands up.

"I got Grae with me." I jump in.

"That's okay, she can ride with me." Elle steps in and I stare at her hard, hoping she can read my mind. The smirk that lines her lips tells me that she knows what I'm thinking but she doesn't give a shit.

"Let's go then." Dean announces and everyone heads to their cars. I catch Cole hitting the firewall in the engine bay and I stare at him questionably until he meets my eyes with a smirk.

"Kill switch." He says and I glare at him. We get in the S14 and follow out after the others.

"I'm gonna make you regret doing that." I mumble.

"Wha-" He doesn't get to finish his sentence as my foot is to the floor in second gear and we're overtaking everyone. I pull the handbrake on the corner and nearly flip it.

"Shit, okay I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It was a dick move!" He apologizes and I slow down again to fall back in line with the others. I get some concerned looks from everyone as I fall back but no one calls asking questions.

"So, what the hell happened last night?" He asks when he feels brave enough again. I sigh. Fuck, I really didn't want to have this conversation.

"I don't even know you-"

"No, fuck that shit. I saw the fear in your eyes. You're scared of something." He analyzes and I huff out a breath again. "We're stuck in this car for the next two hours." He notes and I know there's no way out of this apart from to shove him out the car at eighty miles-per-hour. I'm heartless but not quite to that point yet.

"I was crazy in love with this guy. To the point where I sacrificed everything to please him. He dragged me down a shitty path that I can't get off but I was still committed to him and his crap. After two years, on our anniversary, I caught him whispering sweet nothings into someone else's ear whilst they were in my bed. Safe to say that shit makes your heart stone cold." I briefly explain and it kind of felt good to not have to be tough for a moment. I meet Coles eyes when there's a lack of response from him and I can see a million questions dancing in his eyes that he knows better than to ask.

"I guess you promised yourself you'd never do that again, to protect yourself." He says instead and I nod.

"Damn straight." There's a short silence before I speak again. "Worst thing is, I'm still tied to him." I barely whisper and his head whips round to face me. He thinks a lot before he answers.

"Is there any way you can get out of it?" I think hard before shaking my head.

"I have to stick with it until I have another way out." I tell him and he nods. I can tell he's dying to know how I'm still tied to this guy but he chooses not to ask so we finally leave the conversation alone.

*****

Millions of drifts later, we arrive at our meeting point where there are a load of other modified cars also just talking with each other. Mine and Coles deep conversation at the start of the journey got much lighter for the rest of it which I was grateful for. I spoke with the girls, while Cole disappeared, about our drive up here.