The Fatal Bargain

Start from the beginning

"Okay, everyone relax." Lumine raised her hands and patted the air around the group to ease the tension. "We can find a way to get around this...! We just need to think..."

Everyone averted their gaze to ponder to themselves, you even cast your eyes down to your feet and thought about a plan. Maybe if you snuck in under the bridges? Or walked through the shallow stream of water and hid in one of the buildings? How about the party rolls you into the city while you're hidden inside a wooden cart?

After about a minute of silence, the blue-haired bookworm snapped his finger and crossed his arms in amusement, you could practically see a lightbulb switching on from the top of his head, "I have an idea! [Y/N] needs to look like a normal person, this means she needs to walk into the Harbour without the Fatui weapons in order not to draw attention to herself."

"That could work." Lumine turned towards you.

Right away, you shook your head frantically, "I vowed to never remove my weapons from my person...!"

"It will only be for a short while," Xiangling reassured you, inching closer.

You backed up nervously, "Please, there has to be another way...! W-Who knows? I could run into more of my comrades or I could get almost kidnapped again...!"

Xingqiu gave you a closed-eyed grin, "We will take good care of them, I promise!"

"M-My ice tank and spray guns are quite heavy, you guys might drop them and break the stone road haha...!" You helplessly raised up your hands. "I'm serious, t-they are very important to me...!"

"Get the tank." Lumine heartlessly commanded and you squealed in surprise when Xiangling and Xingqiu lunged at you with the intent to remove the weapon off your back.

"Nooo...!" You fought back sadly.

"Fatui girl, it's only going to be for a few minutes...! You'll be fine!" Chongyun tried to grab the strapped holsters from your hips, all the more getting increasingly annoyed. "Give me the guns or I will take them off for you!"

"Only my Lord Scaramouche is allowed to touch my body- Ah!" You cried out a little too dramatically when your firearms were forcibly taken away, making you sniffle like an upset toddler. "Nooo... my weapons...! My weapons..."

"Jeez," Chongyun clumsily held the spray guns to which you automatically called him out for improper handling. He turned around and ignored you, walking over to Xingqiu and Xiangling to find a place to hide the three pieces.

"Okay, [Y/N], let's go. It will be alright." Lumine took you away to spare you the sight of the trio going behind a tree to hide the firearms.

•••

They upgraded their security, you noticed it right away. From where you were standing, you could see an extra Millelith guard marching periodically around the bridged entrance into the Harbour. Past that, there was the Wanmin Restaurant you remembered "eating" there with Scaramouche, the goal was to get to that building.

Xiangling and Xingqiu were leading the way, Chongyun was walking on your right side. Lumine and a summoned Paimon were beside the exorcist. This positioning was to make sure that the approaching Millelith guard was the farthest away from you. But you were starting to wonder if it would be clever enough to slip past security.

A couple was leaning against the railings of the bridge, they seemed to have taken a glance at you and whispered among themselves. It gave you a foul feeling in the pit of your stomach, you felt the same level of anxiety of walking around the innocent locals and walking into a Fatui campsite.