Chapter 15

I'm not sure when I'll have time to write this week, but I hope to have another chapter posted by Sunday evening. I love the comments. Thank you for reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up snarling at the loud booming voices that were coming from somewhere in the apartment. Axel was still laying next to me with his arm wrapped around me. Those dark eyes of his were open and watching me.

"Did you have another nightmare?" His lips were pressed together as he studied my face.

"No. I slept really well." I gave him a small smile. "I probably would have slept a few more hours if it weren't for all the yelling."

His face blanked. "They've been doing that for a while. I'm surprised that it didn't wake you up sooner."

A sharp voice raised above the others. "Where is she?" Owen sounded angry. I slid out of the bed. Axel beat me to the door. My eyes ran over his thickly muscled shoulders. My cheeks heated. I had forgotten that he wasn't wearing a shirt. His black pajama pants sat low on his hips.

"Stay here." He said before slipping out.

Someone spoke in a clipped tone and then all I could hear was growls. I threw open Axel's bedroom door and stepped out. I paused when I saw two wolves staring each other down. All of the guys were here. Raven, Brandon, and North were all scowling. They stood away from the others. They seemed less than impressed with the two wolves who I knew were Axel and Owen. The others seemed anxious, almost as if they weren't sure if they should join the fight. The feeling made my skin itch.

"What's going on?" I asked, moving towards them my hand slipping into Axel's coat at the base of his neck.

Owen's snarl made me freeze. I looked at him. His ears were pressed against his skull as he bared his teeth at me. Axel growled in response, angling himself between Owen and me.

"Sang, you need to back away slowly." Sean urged quietly. "His wolf has a mind of his own."

Either my IQ had dropped, or my brain had left the building. I nudged Axel out of the way and kneeled in front of Owen. I really didn't feel like he intended to hurt me. Golden eyes stared me down. I didn't look away. Instead, I tipped my head to the side, baring the mark that he had left. His wolf seemed to understand. He maintained eye contact with me as he pressed his cold nose to my shoulder. I felt the swipe of his wet tongue before I was pushed backward onto my back. Owen's wolf laid on top of me, smelling me everywhere.

His wolf weighed a ton. He started sniffing my face making me giggle. "No offense, Owen. But you're squishing me."

His wolf backed off allowing me to stand. Axel butted against my side. His face was extra furry and soft. One moment my fingers were touching Axel's ear then the next I was sandwiched between two naked Alphas. My face heated to the point where I thought I was going to blisters.

A stern voice growled into my ear, "what part of stay, did you not understand?"

A shiver ran down my spine. "All of it, apparently." Owen clicked his tongue.

"I'm sorry," I said staring up into his grey eyes.

Axel nipped at my ear. I was fairly certain that I was about to melt into a puddle. They were still naked, and I could feel, uh, certain things. My eyes closed and all I could hear was the thudding of my heart.

"Maybe you two should get dressed before she spontaneously combusts," Marc coughed to cover his laughter.

When I opened my eyes, Owen's were burning a bright gold. His hand cupped the back of my neck, pulling me towards him as he leaned down. He hesitated for a moment, staring down at me. Raising on my tippy toes our lips met, his were soft and warm. The hand on my neck tightened briefly before he released me and stepped back.