“Mom, you’re here.” I muttered. I wiped my tears from my face and stood as stiff as possible.

        “Making your posture better wouldn’t make you stronger now.”

        I smiled bitterly. Mom knows me well. “How is your guest?”

        “He is in the garden, talking to your Father. Italy and Denmark are very good friends even your marriage didn’t last.”

        “Why are you here, Mom?”

        “To ask you to come with me and greet our guest.”

        “You know what would I answer, right?”

        “I think I already know but please, I am asking just for a short time and pay respect to the King.”

        “Respect is a heavy word and it doesn’t come with me.”

        “Please. Leave Vianne with Nuanna, Paige and Jamie. They will have them concealed from Victor, if ever he has the mighty radar to track down his daughter.”

        I turned to Paige and Jamie. I think Jamie has the ‘I-told-you-so’ expression written on her forehead. I sniggered at her and turned to Nuanna.

        “Can you?”

        “By all means.” She replied.

        I turned to Paige and Jamie again. “Please tell them that I will meet the guest and if they asked to come, don’t let them. Tell them that I will return in a short while.”

        “Okay, Gei.”  Paige said. “Do what is best for you, even if it breaks your heart.”

        “I know.”

        I approached Mom. “Let’s go.”

While we are walking to the garden, Mom and I talked about Victor. I think I heard the craziest things in my entire life. And add my sanity at stake again.

        Always the sanity, always going loco about the happenings.

        “Why would he stay here? I mean there are many hotels that would attend to him.”

        “He is a King and we would let him stay in a hotel?”

        “He is a King and a threat to my children.”

        “Geiyianne, I know, I already know but we promised to house the guests of our family in our humble home. And before your marriage was wretched, he housed us, welcomed us in their home and we have to do the same. We don’t have to be rude.”

        “But I am rude, Mom. My kids.”

        “I know you only want what’s best for them. Let’s say that history repeated itself. Your Daddy and I didn’t want to let you know the truth about our identity because of what happened here, right? Now you don’t want your kids to know about their identity because of what happened to their parents, about you?”

        “I think that is an accurate explanation, Mom.”

        We finally reached the double doors to the gardens and in one corner; I see my Dad and my past busy talking to each other. Mom went first and I followed quietly.

        “Christiano, Victor.” I hid behind Mom, making sure that Victor doesn’t see me. I’m trembling. I don’t want to see Victor.