Chapter 2 - Date

Luna's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring next to me very loudly. I tap on the snooze button and decide to get up for today. I grab my phone as I went and sat on the side of my bed. I look and see I have 2 missed calls from Marie and my father. Under it I see I have three text under Zack and another one from a random number. I click on Zack's and I's messages and I look at what he had sent me.

Zack :) : Hey want to go with me for some ice-cream and shop at the mall? It's alright if not. We can always plan it another time ;). Anyways talk later Lu Bear <3. xx

I smile at the text he sent me. Did he just call me Lu Bear? I mean that's my contact I put in for him but whatever. Oh god Luna we get it, you have a crush on him. I answer him saying that we could and we can meet over there at 11.I get curious and click on the message from the random number. 

Unknown Number : Hi Luna :) 

I start typing and started having a conversation getting more and more curious.

Lu bear :p : Sorry but do you mind telling me who this is?

Unknown Number : Oh I must of got the wrong number my bad. 

I frown once they reply with that. Maybe I'll just keep the number incase. I call my father back and chat with him for a bit. Turns out he found out where my mother was living now. She is back in Australia now with a new guy than last time. I swear she has issues with men.

I decide to get dressed and get in my car and make my way over to the mall. As I drive there I turn on the radio to something that caught my attention.

"Alright guys here is their new song "Youngblood" it's 5 Seconds Of Summer!" The lady on the radio shouted. My eyes widen but I decide to listen because there is nothing else to listen to.

"Remember the words you told me, love me 'til the day I die"

"Surrender my everything 'cause you made me believe you're mine"

"Yeah, you used to call me baby, now you calling me by name"

"Takes one to know one, yeah"

"You beat me at my own damn game"

Hearing those lyrics actually really hurt. I continue to listen till the song was over. By the time it was over I parked in the parking lot of the mall. I grab my bag and I head over to where me and Zack are supposed to meet. I start walking and then eventually spot him and he looks up and smiles. As I walk to over to him I hug him as he greets me.

"Hey! I know you're sore from last night. How's your head? Is it okay? Are you okay?" I cut him off by laughing. 

"I'm fine! And it's alright my head is fine. You are the one with the questions aren't you?" I say as we continue to walk. We head over to the ice-cream and wait in line. 

"If you tell me what you want I'll order and bring it over to you while you find a table." He says to me. I tell him what I want and like I did, I went and found a table for two. I scroll through my Instagram and view stories and all of that. I go to my DMS (Which by the way is super loaded with a bunch of people) and notice that not just a member of Five Seconds Of Summer, but Luke Hemmings sent me a message on Instagram. I'm kind of scared thinking that it might be about Calum, or maybe it is Calum messaging through Luke's account. I don't know but I think I'm going to open it.

Luke Hemmings ✓ : Hey Luna! It's been a while since we've actually talked. :)

Oh god now he has me singing staind in my head. Part from that, why is he send a DM to me? Before I could answer him Zack comes back with our ice-creams. He hands me my strawberry ice-cream and he had ordered mint chocolate chip. That flavor wasn't bad but you know strawberry is the best flavor I have to say. 

"Oh should I pay you back for the ice-cream?" I ask him. I always felt wrong for letting people by me stuff. I'm not the kind of person to feel right about people spending money on me. 

"No it's alright. I invited you for ice-cream and planned on paying so it's all fine with me." He says to me. We continue to eat and have small talks. We actually have a lot in common. We like some same bands like Paramore, Green Day, All Time Low, and a bunch more. 

"Favorite Paramore song?" He askes me. If I had to pick a favorite band it would be them. Don't get me wrong I love Green Day, but I love Hailey Williams so I have to choose Paramore.

"Pressure for sure. But I do like their song Monster too." I tell him. He starts telling me his songs that he liked. His was Born For This, Let The Flames Begin, and Looking Up.

"Oh so you are more of a Riot guy?" I say with a short giggle at the end. He nods and we continued to talk. As we were talking I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see two teenaged girls standing behind me smiling really wide.

"Oh my god hi Luna May! We were wondering if we could get a picture?" They say trying not to pass out. I tell them of course and asked Zack if he could take the picture. He took a couple and handed the phone back to the girl.

"Is that you're boyfriend?" The other girl next the her asked me. I blushed as I look over at Zack and he was looking at me.

"No we're just close friends." I say awkwardly smiling. They sighed and told me goodbye as they headed off I turned back to Zack and he has a smile on his face.

"What are you smiling about?" I say to him as he starts to look down. 

"Nothing, it's just that was funny. Them thinking we're a thing." He says to me. I roll my eyes and we finished our ice-cream and started shopping. We walked through the mall and all of the stores, buying stuff and a store that caught my eyes. A record store. That's right a record store.

"Hey lets go in this store!" I say as I grab Zack by the wrist and drag him into the store. As I walk in I start looking around, admiring everything, the records, CDs, everything that just came across my eyes. In the back ground of the store was playing Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles. The mood was just peaceful.

I find a bunch of CDs in the back and I check them out. I ended up with Green Day, The Beatles, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, All Time Low, and blink-182. Once we checked out we headed out of the store and back in the mall. As I walk with Zack I realized I'm actually smiling for once. Ever since almost two years ago, I've been through it. I've felt horrible like I didn't deserve to be here anymore. And now I'm actually happy for once. I feel relieved, refreshed, great. I mean I'm actually content for once.

As I'm walking next to Zack he stops in his tracks as he notices he is getting a phone call. He answers and his face looks worried. I watch him as he starts to panic. I start to worry for him. As he hangs up the phone he starts rushing out of the Mall.

"Is everything alright Zack?" I ask him. He starts to tell me that his sister is in the hospital and that she got into a car accident. 

"Oh god, do you need me to go with you? For company?" I suggest.

"It's alright, but I'll message you later. okay?" He says to me before kissing me on the forehead. I stood there in shock. He just kiss me? Come on Luna get yourself together, it was just a way of saying bye. Okay?

I start heading to my car but when I look over at my car I see that it's the one guy I hated with my guts. And it wasn't just him it was also Michael too. Even better. Worse they were parked next to me.

--------------------------------------------------