TK Special: Almost Lovers

Start from the beginning

"and hi, my name is jungkook." the other man said, giving a little wave. 

"and what's your relationship with each other?" the staff asked, catching them off guard. they stared at her in shock for a second, not really knowing what to answer because they too, didn't know.

what are they? what were they?

"uh- well, we are- i mean, we were-" taehyung stuttered, looking at jungkook for the first time that day. and the air knocks out of his lungs seeing that familiar face. so familiar yet so different. 

jungkook is even more handsome.. sexy, charming, gorgeous, stunning that it left taehyung speechless. feeling the others' stare, jungkook looked at him too, and just like what he thought the first time he sees him again after three years, inside that crowded room.

taehyung is still as beautiful as ever just like how he remembered from years ago." we were almost lovers." jungkook whispers, eyes never leaving taehyung's widening ones. 

"we were?" taehyung squeaks out, cheeks blushing furiously because as what he can clearly remembers, they were long lost friends- just friends.

sensing the pair's hesitation, the staff decided to cut the recording first, giving them time to somehow relax and catch up because it's clear that they were put on the spot.

"hey.." jungkook was the one who initiated the conversation first. "late greetings but i just want to say, it's nice to see you again tae." he added, giving him the same bunny smile taehyung must admit that he really miss. "i can still call you that, right?" he asked because well, of course, a lot has already changed between them.

"y-yes of course." taehyung said, giving him a small smile. "it's been so long. how are you?"jungkook chuckled, nodding in agreement. "i'm great."

"that's good." and they're back in silence again.

"i didn't know you'll be here." taehyung decided to start this time. "i mean, aren't you busy with work and stuffs?"jungkook just shrugs. 

"how about you?"

"well, it's soulmates task to save his best friend from losing his job!" he said, giggling.

'holy fuck! even his giggles are the same. even more adorable this time.' jungkook thought, smiling unconsciously while looking at him. 

"he called me this morning, yelling on how he needed me as a replacement of someone who backs out from being on the show," he informs.

"what about you? got called in last minute too?"

"to be honest, i was already part of this episode." taehyung look at him with furrowed eyebrows but nodded anyways.

'so, the person who backs out might be jungkook's "almost lover" then?'

he didn't know why that thought causes a slight pain in his heart.

'geez. it's not even a big deal taehyung, move on.' he scolds himself.

"i mean, we were." jungkook said, grinning.

"eh?"

"we were really part of the show tae. no one backed out." he clarifies.