TK Special: Almost Lovers

Start from the beginning

" and then.. we just need to wait for someone, your partner to be exact." he supplied, checking his phone.

"what partner? i thought i just need to answer some questions? isn't this some kind of an interview?" he's now more confused. jimin looked at him, smirking.

 "well, i forgot to inform you that you're going to be one of the participants in our "let's be honest" episode." 

taehyung stared at him, eyes holding a glare, urging him to continue his explanation. "this episode is well, all about a pair of almost lovers.."

taehyung's brain processed his words for a moment before his eyebrow furrowed in bewilderment. but before he can ask why was he even qualified for this segment, because as far as he can remember he's not into any sort of romantic relationship or fling with anyone for the past three years, his eyes widen in realization. 

 oh no. 

 oh fucking no.

he was about to scream at jimin when the other just bolted out with a yell of "jeon jungkook's here." 

oh god, he's definitely revoking his 'soulmates card'.

taehyung is biting his lips anxiously, legs bouncing up and down in nervousness. can he back out now? can he just ran away? can he like just disappear right at that moment? why was he even friends with jimin?

wait, of course because jimin's been with him since their diaper days but still, why does he need to be here? maybe they can still find another pair on behalf of them, right? i mean there's still time... right?

"we're going to start in 10 minutes!" a staff yelled. fucking hell!

the other pairs are already settling down on their own seats making him more uneasy. 

'where the freaking heck is jimin when you need him.' he internally screamed.

"taetae! let's gooooooo! jungkook's already there." before he can even react, jimin drag him to the front of one of the cameras, a little farther away from the others, pushing him not so gently down on the chair. he stumbles, almost falling off the seat if not for a hand, holding the small of his back.

his heart beats rapidly, feeling the familiar warmth from the person sitting beside him. "okay.. there. all settled." jimin said enthusiastically, even clapping his hands. taehyung was about to complain but jimin just shushes him up with a loud kiss on his cheek. 

"thank you for doing this taetae!" and then walked away, leaving the other, dumbfounded. 

"we'll begin filming in 5 minutes." the staff said, smiling at the two. "you can relax for now." how can he fucking relax?

taehyung fidgets awkwardly as both of them steal glances with each other. they were engulfed with an uncomfortable silence both too afraid to start a conversation.

" okay.. so let's start." the staff said, giving them an encouraging smile. "so first, you just need to introduce yourself and then let's go from there." both nodded in understanding. 

"recording in 3... 2... 1..." the camera director said, pressing the record button.

"hello, i'm taehyung." he introduces, voice coming out almost a whisper.