“Are you feeling cold or something? Are you looking to request this Carol-san to warm you up?”

“Oh? That’s a rather rare and fancy word for you to be using Carol.”

It’s certainly true that Carol’s body is warm. How many times was I saved by that over the winter?

“You really want to use this thing?”

Toslin suddenly picked Carol up by the scruff of her neck. For someone like Toslin who wields a behemoth of a sword with one hand, lifting up someone as small as Carol is no problem at all.

“What’d you say!? What’s the ‘this thing?’ supposed to mean!! You should treat this Carol-san with more respect!!”

Naturally Carol took offense and started wildly swinging her limbs around in the air. But what stood out the most had to be her tail. It was like a fluffy broom, happily swinging to the left and right behind her. Too cute.

“Ahaha, I’m fine if it’s just this. I grew up in a snowy region, so I’m pretty resistant to the cold.”

“Really? Well then, I won’t force you.”

Toslin plopped Carol back down onto her lap after just lifting her up.

“Hmph, are you sure it’s fine to leave me like this after just ruining my good mood?”

“Ah, my bad my bad. I’ll give you one of my side dishes at dinner, so cheer up.”

“Do you think I’ll be satisfied with just one?”

“Two then.”

“I forgive you.”

“You’re too easy. So easy it makes me worry. If someone offers you food, you know not to follow after them right?”

The two of them are always having fun with each other, but things feel different from how they were.

They feel closer than ever before.

Toslin looks happy hugging Carol, and Carol looks happy being hugged by Toslin.

“They call it the Origin Highway, but I am willing to bet it is a lot bigger than what it was back then.”

While I was watching these two go at it, Rose-san and Saluena were riding a couple of horses slightly behind the carriage.

The two horses are ones we borrowed to help lighten the load on Goldmund even more.

“I heard about it from Rosa before. This is apparently the road that Ranroot and his comrades took in their quest to slay Oshunel.”

“……yes, that’s true, but……”

Saluena challenged Oshunel a thousand years ago. But she wasn’t strong enough and was ultimately defeated. That was when she was subjected to the evil dragon’s malefic aura and driven insane.

Saluena became like a puppet, betraying mankind and becoming known as the Dark Violet Knight to the Goddess’s forces.

We’ve never talked too much about her past before……

“Has Oneesama never been here before?”

While I was too preoccupied with my own worries, Rose-san readily hopped in.

“No, I was defeated by Oshunel in a land far to the west of here. And of course that’s also the place where I became the Dark Violet Knight and turned my back on the Goddess. It was only afterwards that Oshunel traveled to this land and settled here. That is why I never had the pleasure of meeting this Ranroot.”