♧Chapter 1♧ (Lilly's POV)

Start from the beginning

As I walked down the staircase I could smell the steak, the juicy kind my dad would make on special occasions, and something spicy. I could hear my mom and dad still talking in the hushed whispers that they were before I went into my room, I was trying to listen but couldn't so I gave up and walked into the kitchen and they stopped talking.
Then, two guys that were there when I had first got home were not there any longer. Mom and dad were already sitting at the table so I joined them.
On the table was the ever so juicy steak I had smelt first walking down the stairs along with some broccoli, mashed potatoes, and my moms famous French fries.

"Hey baby, sit down we should really talk." My dad said to me as I sat down next to him, across from my mom. 

"Sweetie, we need to talk to you." My mom said with tears in her eyes.

"Okay." I said with caution. I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

"Well you are half werewolf and half witch." My dad said to me. I knew this already, I was a little confused.

"Yeah. I know that already Dad. What does that have to do with anything though?" I didn't know why they were telling me something I had already known. 

"It's illegal and you could be killed. They have agreed to let you live if, and only if you become a servant for the Royal family. We tried to do everything we could but they said that they need to keep a close eye on you, to make sure that you do not grow to use your powers to try and hurt anyone in the pack. We only want what is best for you, we never meant for any of this to happen. But we promise, we promise you baby that nothing bad will every happen to you there. We are so sorry baby, if we could have done anything to stop this we would have. They gave us no choice." My mom cried to me, I see how much this pained her to do this to me, there was nothing else for them to do, there was really no other option. I know my mom would have given her life for mine, my dad would have too, but nothing would have changed, I would have still had to go with them. 

I was only 10 years old, how could they do this to me? I do not blame my parents, rather the Royal family, they do not know anything about me. I get it though, they are just protecting the pack because of the fact that they do not know me. By the end, I was just about to cry, you could hear it in my voice. 

"It's ok mommy and daddy. I love you. And both of you, please promise me that you will never give your life for me. I need to be able to take care of myself. If either of you guys die at my hand, because of me, I will never be able to live with myself. Please just promise me."

"We promise." They said in unison. I knew how hard that was because I am their only child and they would do anything to protect me. Even if that means giving their own life.

"I love you guys."
"As we love you".

That night I went to bed and thought about what it would be like to be a servant for Royal family. I know that they have a son, Zachary, that is about my age, about 2 years older maybe, that means by the time that I would be 18 he would be 20. This is going to be fun, spending the best years of my life cleaning up after his high school years, which means parties and then his mate, oh how I hope she it not one of those queen beaches, I will pull my hair out. 

I need to keep a high head about this, I have 8 years before that even is something to think about, maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I thought. Maybe everyone gets a nice and pretty room with clothes, and a big bathroom, and a big bed. I mean I don't think that they would just throw a whole bunch of people into a dungeon and make them eat scraps. 

With these last thoughts, I let my mind wander to think about what is to come. How much I am going to miss my parents, what lies ahead of me, the types of things that I might have to clean, and just everything else like how much I am going to miss my barbie dolls and toys.