Two.

What people don't understand is that I grew up in a wealthy family, my dad is a business man but even I know that he does some shady stuff, I don't care since I never lack anything, in-fact I can actually say they give me way more than I need.

I turn and look at Farha, my 18year old sister. She just graduated and apparently she doesn't want to go to college.

People say I'm the worst among my 5 siblings but I know that school is too important to miss so how can I be worse?

"Can I invite Aisha over?" She asks smiling at me.
"Nope. You're not, I promised Abbi and Ammi that you won't have any friends over and you won't go out. That's your punishment for disobeying them".

She scoffs "You're acting like you're better than I am".
"Well I am and speak like that to me again I'll slap you back to your senses, it won't be the first time".

She says nothing and turns her head away.
My phone starts ringing and I groan just seeing it. It's my boyfriend Nasir, I'm letting him go later. He can be a bit egoistic.

I pick it up after it almost rings out.
"Yes?"
"Hey baby, what are you doing?"
"Just lying down" I answer back boredom.

"What are you wearing?"
I feel goosebumps all over my body as he asks me the question "That's for me to know and don't ask me questions like that, ever"

"Come on don't be like that. Want to meet up?"
I laugh "I don't feel like it".
"Why not? This is the third time you're declining this week"

I groan "Then take the hint and don't ask".
"What do you want? I'll get you anything and everything, no matter what it is"

I huff "Are you trying to insult me?"
"I'm Sorry, I'm just desperate to see you" he says in a low tone.
"I'll text you when I'm free"

"Sound great. Thank you".
I end the call.

I know what I'm doing is bruising his ego but I know the reason he's being patient is because he has an end goal and it's not to marry me. He thinks eventually I'll give in, it might even be a bet with his friends so that's why I'm still in this. So when I dump him, he'll think of all those times I treated him like garbage and then he'd hate himself for not realizing he was getting played.

:

I walk inside the hospital looking around, she said she'd be waiting inside the emergency unit so I stood by the huge glass doors waiting for her.
"Sorry, I just need to see one more patient" She says tapping me on the shoulder before running off.

Hospitals aren't for me, that's why I openly declined when Abbi suggested studying medicine, I can't be running around and wearing something as unfashionable as croggs.

A few minutes later she comes back, changed.
"I can't believe you made me wait in a hospital" I complain walking out of the hospital and walking towards the spot I parked my car.

"Sorry, you know I would have come by but a friend had an emergency and begged me to help her with her shift".
"And you did?"

"Yes and I won't have to do my night shift tonight".

We get in the car.
"So salon, boutique, restaurant then home?" She asks.
"Just salon then home"
She smiles, the way she does when she wants something.

"What do you want?" I ask rolling my eyes.
"Before we go to the salon can we stop by the library?"

I gasp "You still go to the library?"
"I've been looking for a book for months. They called earlier to tell me they finally have it in stock".

"Fine, just pray we don't meet anyone I know because my hair is a mess" I say putting down my veil so she can see the tangled mess on my head.
"Okay, thanks".

.

Laura was talking to the man incharge of the library. I know she and I are complete opposites. She doesn't go all out with her looks like I do, she's not as egotistic, she's nice and sweet, she's bearable, she's hardworking whether at work or at home. I think these things are the reasons why she and I are still friends.

But I love her.
That much I know.

The bell at the front door rings, indicating someone walked in. I turn around and freeze.

The man was so handsome but his looks wasn't what got my attention, it was his confidence and stature. I don't stop staring at him until I finish assessing him from head to toe. He matches every single physical requirement on my list.

He had a blank expression, looking bored.
He turns around and we make eye contact. I quickly turn my head away.

It's like my list came to life, is this destiny? If this man walks out of this library today without approaching me, should I approach him instead?
I think I'd never forgive myself if I let him slip out of my fingers.

"Excuse me?"
"Yes what—" my breath hitches in my throat just looking at him in front of me.

He smirks, probably realizing I'm frozen "Sorry if I'm bothering you but are you Anita?"

I stare at him, do I look like Anita?
That was when I realized my veil fell off my head, now around my neck.
I quickly pull it and cover my head "No I'm not".

"Okay" he says looking around.
"I don't think the person you're looking for is here".

He raises his eye brows "You're also looking for her?"
"No. The only one here is a male Librarian, he just opened the library".
"Oh" he huffs "Thank you".

He winked his way towards the front door. I have to admit that I was disappointed he didn't ask for my number or even my name but my pride wouldn't let me ask him for his, maybe he's married.

I patiently wait until Laura was done.
"Let's go" she says excitedly.

We make out our way out.
"What's with you? Why do you look sad?"

Immediately we walk out of the door heat engulfed us.
I huff "Maybe I'm not as beautiful as I thought".

"Hope you found what you were looking for"
I turn around, almost a spin.
I smile "I thought you left".

He smiles, more of a smirk. It's unlike me to be behaving this way but I can't seem to control it either.
"I didn't thank you".

Laura moves aside.
"You did".
"Once isn't enough".
"You make a valid point. So you only want to see Anita and no one else?"

He smiles "I've never met her but I'd prefer her. At least now I don't regret her absence. The only thing that would make it more worthwhile is getting your contact".
"Maybe"

He smiles.
I giggle "Of course".

::