Chapter 41 Hermione P.O.V

The cold metal rested against the thumping heart in my chest,  I continued to run my thighs burning, as I raced past the snow-covered trees. I stop by a rock, taking the heart-shaped locket out from under my shirt, Ron, Harry and I were smiling and laughing our innocent's sill there not a care in the world we were young, in the second side of the locket there was a picture of the snow slowly falling around Hogwarts.

I slowly shut my eyes allowing my red, cold nose to run. The bright lights flashed across my vision. The bright greens, reds and ambers, the sounds of the forest slowly drown away only to be replaced by the shouts and bangs of the war. I tried to scream out, my throat was dry and horse, as the colours soon faded, all I could see were the flashbacks, the good, the bad, the painfull. 

When I finally came around, my back was wet and frozen from the snow-covered ground "Hermione"  a soft voice called out to me, the cold air knocking the breath out of me. I relax my eyes hoping to stop the ache and burning sensation.

The bright sun kissed forest had turned dark, the sun had been replaced by the moon, "Hermione" I looked over in the direction that I hurd my name. The topaz eyes, pail skin and short hair.

I saw Carlisle he had a look of worry on his face "Hermione, you do know that it is  not safe to sleep in the forrist espesily when it is snowing"

"I um I just got lost in my thoughts and must have fell asleep" I was shivering, Carlisle helped me to my feet

"You have gone increadably pail" he could hardly talk he is a vampire after all, I thought as I finished standing up everything went dizzy and I could barely stay standing, Carlisle ended up having to support nearly all my body weight.

He led me up in to his study, "is everything alright you seem distant" he asked as he took my blood presser

"Yeah, I just, you know what it is nothing" I said, I had perfected my lying finishing with an almost perfect happy smile, all that was missing was my happiness. He gave me a knowing smile as he continued giving me a check up.

"You have a bad case of the flu, Hermione have you been sleeping outside a lot"

I looked down knowing how he would react if he knew I spent the last couple of nights sleeping outside in the snow he sighed at my response, he took a seat on the bench next to me "is there anything you want to tell me" how much I wanted to tell him but I could not everytime I go to I clam up and it feels like ice is spreading up my throat.

"No I am fine"

"Take these twice a day with food and get plenty rest preferably inside" he handed me a box of medicen 

"Thank you" he took me back home and as soon as I stepped through the front Bella almost knocked me of my feet.

"Where have you been, you have been missing for hours" I felt auful for worrying her she had clearly been crying

"I... that is non of your business... I am so sorry... I just needed to clear my head" I blurted out what was going on with me?