68: Crushy Crushy Crush

Start from the beginning

Shocked to see Fallon standing beside Lindsey, I offer her a smile as they make their way towards the detective. "When did she get here?" I mumble to myself.

"After last night everyone was asked to take the first flight here," Xavier informs vaguely.

'Wait! Does Alessandro come under 'everyone'?'

Snapping my mind out of my thoughts that are consumed by a certain green-eyed Italian boy, I draw my focus back to the situation at hand.

"Excuse me, I have to take this." Excusing himself, Xavier accepts the call buzzing his phone to life.

"I think the Detective has taken a special liking to you," Kate observes drawing my attention in his direction. And sure enough, I turn just in time to catch him divert his gaze back to Lindsey and Fallon.

"He looks like a creep, if you ask me," Savanah grumbles lowly in attempts to avoid her mom-who is standing right beside her-from hearing it.

"Savanah May! I thought you better than calling people names!" Her mother reprimands earning a 'sorry' mumble out from Savanah.

"What's taking them so long?" Ella voices out her impatience furiously tapping her foot on the vinyl flooring, while I try to stifle a yawn.

Xavier walks back into the room and claims his previous spot beside me as Lindsey and Fallon just get done with their questioning and Ella and her dad go up next.

"I think we can be off now," Fallon concludes and Xavier nods in brief agreement while Lindsey and I stand in the background watching their exchange, occasionally glancing towards Ella and Special Agent Louis.

"We can drop the girls off at your place, Jason wants to meet us at the tec quarters in an hour," Xavier divulges to Fallon as I strain my ears to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"What are they up to-" Lindsey is cut off by our names being called out by none other than Special Agent Louis himself stopping us midway towards the exit.

"Mr. Santos, none of you can leave until I have concluded my investigation here," he announces making his way towards us.

"Unless you have anymore questions for either of our sisters or us, I don't see why not," Fallon interjects clearly annoyed at being ignored by his address.

"That will be decided once I have questioned every student here," he advocates still directing his words more towards Xavier evidently dismissing Fallon's presence.

"Well, then if you do have any further questions for either girls feel free to get in contact with my attorney," Xavier suggests monotonously offering him his business card.

Once we have that out of the way we exit the gym and while Lindsey hops on Fallon's Harley I get into Xavier's awaiting red Ferrari. Mentally sworn to silence I refuse to initiate a conversation and let statement silence permeate the atmosphere of the car.

Clicking open the glove compartment as we wait for the reddened light to turn green, he produces an envelope from it. "Here you're going to need this," he says handing it to me just as the light turns green.

Peeking into the white envelope, I spot a SIM card resting inside it. "That's your new number," he monotonously informs me.

"But all my contact..."

"Jason will have them transferred to your current phone remotely," he cuts me off.

"I guess," I shrug in reluctant agreement.

"This is just a precaution," he adds reading my reluctance.

Ten minutes later we pull up into Lindsey's driveway with Fallon beating us by just a few moments. Hopping out of the car, I wait for Fallon and Xavier to join Lindsey and me at the front porch as they busy themselves discussing whatever it is they are so engrossed in.