Chapter 30

Nat had been very suspicious of the young boy that Loki had one day brought home. The brunette was very jumpy and seemed to always want to be near the god of mischief. He had chocolate brown eyes that were filled with fear when his other part wasn't around. Bandages had been wrapped on his arms that he nervously played with when he was trying to calm down. Some of her suspicions had disappeared when Tony claimed he also knew the kid but that also brought another question to her mind. Just how did this kid get close to an avenger and the god of mischief? 

Of course all of these suspicions were thrown out the window when she saw a crying Peter run to the elevator. Quickly she followed in another elevator and ended up at the floor of Loki and Peter. Just as she was about to go back feeling like she was invading their privacy, she heard sobs coming from what looked like Peter's room. 

Slowly she made her way over to the door and hesitantly opened it. "Peter? Are you alright?" After receiving no answer except sobs she made her way into the room. There on the bed she saw Peter. A gasp was caught in her throat at the sight before her, but she knew she had to stay calm for Peter. She walked closer to Peter making it so the boy could hear her footsteps and then sat down next to him. 

Carefully she put her arms around the boy, making sure to not scare him. Peter, feeling the warmth, cautiously peaked out from his wings. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and his nose was running a little. Once seeing Nat's soft smile aimed at him he threw himself into her arms and cried not caring about her seeing his wings, he just wanted someone to comfort him. 

The two stayed like that until they fell asleep in each other's warm embrace.