"Sally's brother. Scary looking man, but as gentle as a lamb. You don't need to be worried about him."

Raephier gave Jacob what he hoped was a reassuring smile, whereas on the inside he was panicking. There were two of them now???? One magical being was alarming enough, but if she also had a brother, it was likely that he had magic too.

About half an hour later, Raephier did have to concede that Barny did in fact make the best breakfast ever. He'd never seen so much food! He had sausage and egg and mushrooms and bacon, and fried potatoes and bread. He felt like he wouldn't need to eat again for a week!

After breakfast Jacob told Raephier that he would be gone for most of the day.

"I'm sorry I have to leave you, but I'll be back just before nightfall and then I promise I'll take you out to have a look around the town."

"That sounds great, thank you," Raephier said with as much enthusiasm as he could muster. Clearly it wasn't enough because Jacob frowned and put his hands on Raepheir's shoulders.

"I wish I could take you out with me during the day but it's very busy and I'm afraid you might get lost, or even worse, stolen from me."

"It's alright, I understand," Raephier said. And he really did. It was more than enough that Jacob was going to take him out that evening. The only reason he was struggling to look enthusiastic was because his mind was too preoccupied with him having to stay in this room with goodness knows what kind of creature just beyond the door.

Jacob said his farewell and left, locking Raephier in the room.

Raephier tried to stay alert, just in case, but at some point he must have fallen asleep because a knock at the door jolted him awake.

He sat bolt upright on the bed, frozen in place. What should he do? It's not like he had a key to open the door anyway.

The person knocked again.

Still he remained quiet, not moving an inch.

Just when he thought they must have given up and walked away. He heard a key slide into the lock, and then the door was opening.

He pulled the blanket up to his chin on instinct. There was no reason why. He was fully dressed and it clearly wouldn't act as protection against anything, but it smelt slightly of Jacob, and that was enough to keep him from passing out in fright.

"Oh, I was wondering if you were in here," said Sally as she bustled into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"A-are you allowed to b-be in here?" Raephier said, cursing himself for the pathetic stutter.

Sally just chuckled and sat down on the small wooden chair that was next to the bed.

"Oh sweetheart, I can go anywhere. But you know that right?"

Raephier felt his blood run cold. Of course, if he could sense she was a magical being, it made sense that she could sense him too. Raephier decided it was best to say as little as possible.

"So you're a Siren, am I right?" Sally asked.

Raephier just gave one slight nod of the head.

"Do you know what I am?" she asked.

This time Raephier shook his head. He knew she had magic, but he didn't know what type.

His eyes widened as she began to unbutton the back of her dress.

"W-wait! I-I don't.....you need to.....I can't-"

Rapehier stopped mid ramble when Sally pulled down the back of her dress, just far enough to reveal a marking on her right shoulder blade. A black entanglement of tentacles. The marking of a sea witch.