Real Demons

Why is life like a seductive kiss
that leaves you lost in an imaginary bliss
then slaps you into reality like twisted witch
I tried to walk in a good path with hopes that it would take me to a better day
but I was followed by my wicked ways so now I'll just stray away
I should've listened to the warnings

but instead I purchased this pain bit by bit like it was on lay way
and I know I promised some of you I was here to stay 
but in case I break that promise I'll leave a note where my corpse will lay 
all I can promise now is that ill try to stand tall
I'll try to be there for you all 
and don't try to catch me when I finally give in and slip into an endless fall
your hand will probably go right threw me cause I'm so damn hollow
and realization of this cold truth is just another bitter pill to swallow
but this is the path I've chosen so need for anyone to follow 
I fight threw a world of confusion in a cold world like I was the dark knight 
and I try hard to ignore the razor blade even though his solution sounds all right 
and still I'm stuck in these demented thoughts that haunt me all night 
cant even cry anymore cause this cold wind just turns my tears into hard ice
I'm just a superman without a Lois Lane 
a spider man without a Mary Jane 
I gave it my all but I ended up like a cigarette and only the ashes remain
and the funny part is that i cant complain 
cause when i look in the mirror i realize i only have myself to blame

"Marshall Meuniz, report to the main office now! Marshall, come to the main office now." The intercom boomed throughout the school. Marshall reflected on his time in rehab as he rushed to the office. He could not think of anything he did within the past week that did in which he could get in trouble for. Except smoking in the basement, but that was about two weeks ago.

There was a man in a blue and white uniform with an EMS logo on it. The man turned around, even though he was black, he looked pale.

"Are you Marshall?" He asked promptly.

"Yes," He extended his hand, "You are?"

The man wiped his forehead, he seemed like he was going to hurl. "I'm Tyrell, EMT Services. It's about your brother Guillermo."

Before the rest of the name could escape his lips, Marshall grew angry. Anyone who hurt his brother was going to die.

"What happened?" His eyes were filled with fury and his fingers curled beside him.

"He was in school and-"

"-someone hurt him?"

"No, no. He fainted in the gym," Tyrell informed him. "We have to go right now, I'll tell you the rest on the way. Do you need to get your things?"

"No, I'll ask someone to get them for me." He texted his friend and Vaughn to get his things.

They headed in the white BMW that the EMS guy drove in. As they headed to the hospital's ICU entrance, the broad shouldered man gave Marshall the news.

"Your brother has Leukemia, a blood cancer." They handed him a stack of forms to full out, he couldn't see Guillermo yet because he was on life support. Five hours passed before they had him stabilized.

Guillermo was no longer on life support, he was induced to a coma.

"How'd he get it? Is it like a family thing?" Shocked, Marshall tried to fight away tears.

"We saw a nasty scar on him. You know about that scar on his right side or where he got it from?" Marshall knew well about the scar. Mrs. Anderson, (that was her name at the time, before the divorce) threw a monument, meant for her husband, and pierced Guillermo. They were afraid they'd lose the boys if anyone found out so the scar went untreated. Instead of telling the truth, he replied instead, "No, I had no idea."

Snapping back to reality, Marshall answered the doctor.

"No, I had no idea."

"Well, at this point, we have no reason to believe that he will survive this coma, let alone this cancer."

Marshall somehow knew what was coming next. The words he never wanted to hear throughout Guillermo's life.

"However, if there is anything we could do is consider a blood transfusion. Being that you are his brother, it is likely that you should have the same blood type." He knew this was going to be the response he was going to get from the doctor. If he told them the truth, they probably won't treat him, if he lied, Guillermo would die.

Seeing the look on his face the doctor continued, "Half brothers could-"

"-no, we aren't even really related." The man in the lab coat was shocked. His eyes dilated, he was astonished a the information. Marshall and Guillermo looked so much alike and who would go to that length to save someone they do not know?

"I have no word of his father and his mother is long dead."

"We will see what we can do. I promise I won't tell that you are both really strangers. I see that you care a lot for this young man. Do you have any medical records, such as Dentist records, Clinics, etc?"

"Yes, I have everything. I have to go home and get them."

"Marshall, why home so early?" His adopted mother inquired, "I thought you were going out with Vaughn."

"Guillermo is in the hospital, I'm surprised you didn't know." Questions spurned in her head and there was confusion in her eyes.

"Why? What happened?" Marshall found the medical records and updated her on what he knew. "Just know it's your fault. That fucking monument you threw went untreated developed into a blood cancer. Come on, I'll drive."

They arrived at the hospitals entrance at five thirty. The hysteria surrounding Marshall and his mother was too much. They had to move Guillermo to another room. When they got to the room, Vaughn was talking to the unconscious boy. She had tears in her eyes and his fingers intertwined with hers.

It was just a few days ago when his body was full of life, and it was a few days ago she met him. She saw the bruise and felt his bones, why didn't she question it?

The doctor rushed in after them and closed the door behind him. His clipboard was stacked with papers, his face was flustered.

"Usually, this isn't allowed since neither of you are family."

"I'm his legal guardian." Volunteered Meghan.

"That is excellent," the doctor said. He handed her a stack of papers to sign. "We do need a donor with a O- blood type for the transfusion but-"

"-I have that blood type, I will do it." They all looked at the teary eyed Vaughn. She knew this little boy for a few days, she did not know exactly why, but she loved him.

"Great! Less work for me. Just full out these papers as soon as possible." Breathing a sigh of relief, he left the room. Things seemed to have worked themselves out anyways.

A day after the transfusion, Vaughn brought some flowers and a stuffed lion for Guillermo in hopes that he will be out of the coma soon. Because of the morphine still in his system, they brought him to a CIC (Chemically Induced Coma).

She fluffed his pillows on his bed and she heard grunt under the sound of the hospital rush hour.

"Guillermo?" She put her ear to his nose to hear if he was breathing.

He opened his eyes and saw her hair close to his face. Once she saw his eyes open, she kissed his cheek.

"I knew it was you," was all he said before the heart monitor beside his bed beeped.

Breakdown-Breaking Benjamin