Demonly Enchanted

They day and it's events dragged on endlessly for Vaughn. She was glad that her teacher invited her to a literary gala that night. Her passion for words were beyond her control. Being an advanced student in English was her greatest and most rewarding achievement. Ms. Guff told her to keep an open mind on the things she see and read, and she will. The gallery starts at 6 but it was only 5 so Vaughn took a stroll into the street.

She stopped and took in the air imagining every part of her body vibrating with the atoms in the air. The molecules of gas passed relentlessly on her face. She also took note of the people on the street and those driving. She wondered how many of them stopped to admire the scene around them. They were so caught up with work and other activities that they don't notice the world.

I don't want to be like them, she told herself. They worked all the time and lose sight of everything.

She pulled her hair out of the tight bun it was in to let it flow in the wind. The air felt damp against her cheeks that were bright and pink from the momentary coldness she felt.

Entering the gallery that night, she saw every thing she ever dreamed of- words. They were the most beautiful sight. Literature of every sort filled the room. Fairy tales, fiction, non-fiction to folktales- the paradise was desirable. Vaughn walked around the room and saw many works of poetry of which she admired. There were also some pieces of complementary art that captured her attention. The large room was in the form of a maze. At some points there were dead ends, the beauty was that you cold choose your way out. They even placed statues that were created by, or with the help of the authors.

As the night progressed, more people crowded the gallery. A certain young man walked up to her.

"Hi," he extended his hand to her. "I'm Con." His grip was firm, evidence that he was a jock.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Vaughn." she introduced herself and smiled at him. He was well put together, she had no idea who he was but she was grateful to meet him.

"Oh, that's you? My mother, Mrs. Guff, talks about you all the time, non stop!"

"Really? That's amazing! She is the best."

"That's what she says about you." They laughed and talked about Mrs. Guff, school and poetry. Vaughn learned that Mrs Guff was married and she was as great a wife as she is a teacher and mentor. She aided her son in just about every aspect of his life so far. She helped him get into college and made him live at home for a while to take some stress off him. If only I had a mother like that, Vaughn thought.

Vaughn and Connor spoke in depth about the words they saw. They conversed deeply until eight, it was time for Connor to begin his journey back to California.

"I'm leaving to go back to California. Hopefully by tonight or Sunday, I'll be there in time for school Monday."

"Have fun!" Vaughn hugged him. After their talk, she was certain he was going to be great one day. He had support and he was well on his way. She could feel it. That night she knew she made a new friend.

"I'll visit you whenever I come home to visit. Stay safe and stay reading Vaughn." He kissed her on the cheek and hurried out the door.

Thinking about the writings and Connor, Vaughn moved on smiling, something great was going to happen tonight; she felt it.

She was gazing at the fan-fiction section of the maze when her eyes found the intriguing title: "Love stories/Poems." Her heart yelped out a small jolting "Yay!" and her feet followed her eyes.

"My dear one, I shall love you for eternity.

Forever is never enough

I shall love you beyond that.