"No, dad I can't remember. I don't know what I did?" Bailey said, her breathing picking up.

She reached up and ran her hands through her hair, squeezing her eyes shut. Think, think, think. The heart monitor's rhythm was increasing.

"Okay she's having a panic attack," TK said. "Can somebody get the doctor please?"

Owen jumped up quickly followed by Judd. The rest of the 126 could only stand helplessly as they watched their youngest family member struggle to stay in control. TK tried to put a hand on Bailey's arm again but she threw herself back into the bed. He looked to Carlos for help. Carlos had always had more success in calming Bailey's anxiety in the past.

"Bailey, open your eyes mija, you're okay." Carlos tried.

"Can't remember." Bailey breathed harshly.

"I know, but panicking isn't gonna help," Carlos said. "You're going to end up hurting yourself again."

But Bailey's heart rate only climbed as her body grew more and more rigid, her legs fought against the tight blankets and she cried out in pain as her struggle pulled on her incision. TK pushed her legs down to try and keep her from doing too much damage.

"She's gonna rip her incision open again." TK said.

"Screw it," Carlos said slipping behind Bailey and wrapping his arms tightly around her chest. Bailey fought him, tears streaming down her face but Carlos held firm. "Bails listen to me. Breathe in and out. Deep breaths. You're okay, it'll come back to you in time mija. You just have to give it time."

Bailey's legs stopped flailing but her heart rate didn't fall much. Finally Owen returned with the doctor. He took in the sight of the room, Bailey wrapped tightly in Carlos' arms, her heart rate sitting in the clouds and sucked in a breath. A nurse trailed in a second later, a syringe with what TK assumed to be a sedative in hand. Without needing any direction the nurse injected the sedative into Bailey's IV and almost immediately she began to relax. When Carlos felt her slump completely against him he took a deep breath, holding her a moment longer before kissing the top of her head and slipping out from behind her. The doctor looked over Bailey's stats with a careful eye, watching them as they evened out.

"Can we have a minute guys, please." TK asked, looking at the others in the room.

"Of course." Owen said, ushering everybody out of the room, leaving TK, Carlos and the doctor alone with Bailey.

"What happened?" The doctor asked, looking to TK and Carlos for answers.

"She couldn't remember what happened," Carlos said, sitting on the edge of Bailey's bed as she slept. "It scared her."

"That's to be expected, the memories will come back to her slowly. But it will take time," The doctor assured them. "For now we'll let the sedative work its way through her system and when she wakes up we'll reassess her status."

Carlos smiled and nodded but said nothing.

"Thanks Dr. Evans." TK said and the doctor took his leave.

"I hate when she has to go through things like this. The drops, the anxiety..." Carlos tapered off.

"The foster system," TK finished before looking at his boyfriend, fierce determination in his eyes. "Have you thought about what we talked about?"

Carlos looked up at TK, his brows raised.

"The adoption?" Carlos asked and TK nodded. "Every day since she stepped through the door. I honestly can't believe it's been almost two months since we got custody."