10: Potions

Hope couldn't help the yawn that escaped as she sat down in the Great Hall across from Hermione

Hope couldn't help the yawn that escaped as she sat down in the Great Hall across from Hermione. As much as she had wanted to skip classes and sleep today Hope knew people would ask questions and she really didn't feel like handling that.

"Morning," Hermione glanced up from her book to greet Hope. Beside her sat Ron and Harry who were in the middle of a discussion about quidditch.

"Morning Mione." Hope poured herself some coffee. The Great Hall was starting to fill up seeing as Hope had come down later than she normally does. Lizzie came in not long after Hope and made her way to where the auburn haired girl sat at the Gryffindor table.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Lizzie asked quietly as sat.

"I don't want to have to deal with questions," Lizzie nodded understanding why she had chosen to come to classes.

"Well, I had an interesting conversation last night." Lizzie started to put food on her plate as she spoke.

"About what?" Hope knew from the smug look on Lizzie face that she would not like this.

"About you." Hope groaned. "One of my housemates is interested in you."

"Please tell me you didn't encourage them." Hope held her head in her hands as she had a feeling she already knew Lizzie's answer.

"I said it may not be the best idea and it wouldn't be easy but he was persistent." Lizzie sipped her coffee to hid the smile on her face.

"Who did you say all this to?"

"There is no way I'm telling you that." Lizzie knew if she told Hope it was Draco her friend who march over to the Slytherin table and threaten him.

"You can't say things like that without telling me who!" Hermione laughed as she watched her two new friends.

"I found you an attractive man who is willing change his behavior so you will give him a chance! Why are  you upset, this is great!" Hope groaned and laid her head on the table.

"Is she alright?" The sound of Hope's forehead hitting the table had drawn the boys out of their quidditch debate and prompted Ron's question.

"No, she is not." Hope voice was somewhat muffled as her head was still on the table.

"Lizzie is playing matchmaker." Hermione explained with a smile barely containing her own amusement.

"Who are you trying to set her up with?" Harry was curios as to who could have promoted such a reaction from the redhead across the table.