Chapter 14

I wake up and start to prep for my mission. Pierce stressed that this was the MOST important mission I have been on to date. I quickly throw on my uniform and collect all of my weapons before heading out. I was given the coordinates to some building which I guess was supposed to lead me to my mission.

I hop on a motorcycle and speed off into the night. It's late and nobody else was on the road which was good because that meant I wouldn't have to kill any witnesses.

I pull aside about a quarter of a mile from the compound and get off. As I got closer I was able to see the compound in its entirety. It looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't put my hand on it. I shook off the thought knowing it would get me into trouble and continued my mission.

Steve POV

"Cmon Bucky let's go take a walk or something. You really should get out of bed."
"Don't want to." He responds dryly.

I know he misses Jr, we all do. She's been gone for months now and everyone is really taking a hit, especially Tony and Bucky. Bucky has barely left his room isolating himself and it's hard to get him out.

"Bucky please, Bear needs to go outside anyway."
"I can't look at him Steve. All I can see is Jr."
"Please Buck, Bear misses you." I say holding the now full grown puppy in my arms.

"Fine." He mumbles.

I snap the leash into place and hand it to Bucky as we grab jackets and go outside. There was a slight breeze but the sky was clear revealing a million little stars. Bucky and I used to just sit and watch the stars in the 40s. We sat quietly for a while just enjoying the view and and each other's company. Bear snuggled between us drifting off to sleep as Bucky played with his ears.

"We have to find her." Bucky mumbles under his breath.
"I know. Tony is doing everything he can. We're gonna find her I promise."

If we weren't super soldiers we wouldn't have heard it. The small crack of some sort of branch. We carefully stood up scanning the yard for the sight of anyone of anything.

"Anyone there?" I called out but received no response. Suddenly I was thrown off balance as someone jumped on my back and choked me. The pressure is relieved when Bucky grabbed the assailant and threw them across the yard colliding quite harshly with a tree trunk.

JR POV

My head collided with the tree trunk no doubt opening up the gash that never properly healed. I groaned in pain but was on my feet in seconds finishing my mission. These men were faster, stronger, and smarter than any other person I've had to fight before. I manage to make contact on a few of my blows catching the blonde haired man in the face and ripping off the metal appendage on the other. He huffs in frustration while trying to reattach it.

This continued for what felt like forever even though it was only 10 minutes. No one could really out-do the other causing a lot of black eyes and broken bones. The chocolate haired man starts attacking me with a knife which was one of the first things hydra taught me how to use and defend myself from. I easily dodged most of his attacks. Key word most. I felt a searing pain as his knife connected with my thigh. I could instantly feel the blood gushing out of the cut. I reached for my pistol only to have my arm twisted by the blonde and my pistol still tightly gripped in my hand. I couldn't move my hand at all and struggled against the grip.

"DROP IT!" The blonde yells.
I don't respond and just grip the pistol tighter. That's when I heard it. The crack and pop of my shoulder as he broke it causing the grip on my pistol to falter as the weapon fell to the ground. The metal armed man picks it up quickly and rids me of any other possible weapons. Between the blood loss and the searing hot pain in my shoulder I'm unfocused.

The brunette started removing my face mask of my uniform without me even realizing. He drops the mask and staggers backwards leaning against a tree for support.

"Bucky what is it?" The blonde asks. The brunette whom I assume is "Bucky" just stutters.
"Spit it out already Buck!"
"Jr." he mumbles.
"What?"
"Jr. that's JJ. Right there in your arms that's Jr!" He says freaking out. The blonde who I guess is named Steve slowly turns me around and I try to shield my face but I'm too tired and sore to really move.
"Jr?" He mumbles eyes filled with tears. "Hey Jr. look at me." He gently places me down on the ground finally giving me the chance to make a run for it. I now regret parking so far away.

I run through the trees trying to cover my tracks as best as I could but with the blood dripping out of my leg that was near impossible. I swung my leg over the seat of the motorcycle and started it up hearing the shouts of the two men not far behind me.

I drove back to base knowing what awaited me for failing a mission. I parked the motor bike and headed inside.

"Mission report soldier." Pierce demanded.
"Sir she'll bleed out if we don't address that gash first." An agent tries to reason.
"I said mission report soldier." Pierce spits out glaring at the agent.

I remain silent almost unable to even form words.
"ARE THE DAMN AVENGERS ALIVE OR NOT?" Pierce shouts.
"Yes sir." I deadpan.

I hear a sharp smack and then the burning of my skin.
"Stitch that cut up so she doesn't die then throw her in the cell." Pierce demands.
"Y-yes sir." The smaller agent obeys quickly ushering me to their medical table. He sloppily threw some stitches that hurt like hell and threw me back into my cell. I knew I would have to go out again soon but my body was too worn.

Steve POV

"WHERE'D SHE GO?!" Bucky yelled. "She's gotta be around here somewhere."
"Bucky, let's go tell Tony what we know and we can track her from there. We can't chase a motorcycle that disappeared into dust." I try to reason.

Bucky just nods and storms inside.
"Tony?" I ask.
"In his lab sir." Jarvis responds in his usual British accent.

"Knock knock Tony."
"Cap somebody better be dead of dying because I'm very busy right now trying to find my daughter and I don't need your GOD DAMN DISTRACTIONS ROGERS!" he yells through the door.

"Tony it's about Jr."
I could hear the slamming of metal as Tony bolted up and opened the door. The sight broke me. His hair was messy, he had dark bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, his eyes were bloodshot and red from crying, and there were obvious tear streaks on his cheeks.
"What about Jr!" He demands.
"Right right, so Buck and I were outside and we ran into her Tony."
"REALLY? Where is she? Jr? Jr, kiddo where are you?" He yells on his tiptoes trying to see over my shoulder.
"Tony she's not here."
"What do you mean she's not here?" He snaps. "You just said you ran into her."
"We did Tony, why don't we sit down."
Tony slowly backs up to the couch in his lab and lowers himself down onto the seat.
"Tony yes we did see her, but she's not herself."
"I wouldn't be myself after being kidnapped by a terrorist organization." He argues.
"Tony not like that." I whisper.
"Steve what's going on." His voice flooding with worry.

He never calls me Steve, it's always Rogers or Capsicle or something of the sort but almost never just Steve.

"She's another soldier Tony." I say watching his face for a reaction.

He immediately breaks down crying and shaking violently. He seems unable to catch his breath as he sits on the couch shaking.
"Tony, hey Tony look at me." I say gripping his shoulders to ground him. He hesitantly looks up and wipes his eyes.
"We're gonna find her Tony I promise."
He just nods his head in response.
"Why don't you go take a shower and get some sleep, Bucky and I can work with Jarvis on tracking Jr."
"Mmkay." He mumbles. He slowly gets up and heads out of the lab. God we better find this girl soon because if not it'll be the death of us all.