"Knifejaw wants permission to just eat them" Kob scoffed.

"Well, with what some of them did to my people, I might just support that idea."

"Really?" Xerus got excited "we can eat them?"

"Maybe," she thought "I tell you what, it they have taken lives than yes."

"Deal" Xerus whooped with glee and ran out of the room. "I'm going to go tell Knifejaw"

"Human form!" She shrugged and headed for her room while all but Kob followed Xerus out.

Kob stood by the nest debating something "so about my previous question!" He slowly started coming towards her.

"Knock it off Kob" she said sternly

"Oh come on, you allow Xerus AND Nyala, so therefore I get a taste too..."

Xerus was standing in Knifejaws doorway when Kobs limp body went flying past him and crashed into the wall. Knifejaw immediately joined Xerus at the door in curiosity. The two quickly looked to where Kob had came from only to see a furious Teal in the doorway brushing herself off.

"AND next time you think you can touch me, maybe you should talk to Doc first and ask him how many soldiers I took out before they sedated my ass!" She noticed Xerus and his crooked smile "finish him off for me Xerus, make sure he knows I'm not something that he is owed a taste of too..." she rolled her eyes "you might want to save something for a Nyala to kick around though, or she may kick your ass." She turned and headed back to her room to get something to eat.

Kob groaned in pain and slumped down onto the floor. Knifejaw laughed "finish...what's to finish." He looked back towards where Teal had been standing "Damn, Xerus!"

"I know, hot ain't it." He shivered in excitement "after all she took me on." He smiled she is the first person to not loose their senses when I attack." He smiled at the memory of her movements "she is so damn hot when she's fighting!"

"Yeah," Knifejaw shook himself off "don't tell Sage."

     "Wouldn't dream of it" Xerus grinned then headed back to his room to watch her. He danced into Teals room humming and sat down in one of the new chairs that Doc had brought in. The room was completely different. There were now couches, and chairs, shelves, tables, and plenty to do including a desk, an art station and even a piano. He had even put up black out curtains, so Teal could nap whenever she wanted.

     Xerus leaned back in the chair and just watched her silently.

     "Why do you do that?" She asked "it's creepy."

     "Do what?"

     "Watch me like I'm a snack?"

     "You are a snack..." he chuckled "remember I eat people who piss me off."

     "Do all your people bed their food" she smiled as he roared with laughter. "So what is on your mind now" she grimaced at the food that a second ago was not burnt.

     He sighed and got up rescuing her from her attempt "I am trying to decide what part of you I am going to dig into first tonight..."

     "How do you always make jokes that can go either way?"

     "Practice" he smiled "your just the first female that hasn't slapped me over them...yet"

     "Key word there is YET." She laughed. She watched him for a while then asked the question that was nagging at her. "Is Nyala pregnant?"

     "Doc seems to think so" he pulled out a fresh plate for her "Turns out all I needed was your assistance to accomplish that."

     "So how are you going to get me pregnant then if it requires me to do so?"

     Xerus nearly dropped the food "You want a baby with me?"

     "Yes," I think it would be fun for the three of us to raise Nyala's and my child side by side."

     Xerus smiled "Would you like to practice when you are done eating?"

     "I think I can do that."

     He handed her the plate and leaned against the cabinet across from her "so, do you want a boy or a girl?"

     "One of each I think," she took a bite, chewed then swallowed "would you be okay with me teaching them the defensive techniques I know?"

     "That's not just a yes that's a hell yes." He laughed at the memory of Kob flying past him "I think Nyala may want you to teach her little one too." He laughed again "especially when she hears what you did to Kob!" He roared with laughter "I'm impressed, I mean..." he took a breath to calm himself and just grinned "Damn girl!"

     "He deserved it." Teal said with pride

     "That and an ass whooping," he took a breath "exactly what did he touch?"

     "He never got the chance," she spoke with her mouth full. She swallowed then laughed "Not from lack of effort..."

Xerus watched her as she finished her food then washed the plate for her. He came back over stood right in front of her and looked at his feet.

"I think I figured out why your family ran..." his face was serious for once "they were never going to be able to match your strength, physically or emotionally" he paused and thought "they were embarrassed, terrified and maybe a bit jealous."

Teal smiled "Maybe." She kissed him on the nose "thanks, I needed to hear that."

Xerus scooped her up in his arm "time to practice."

"Careful, I have a stomach full of food."

"It's going to be full with something else before the day is out" He smirked.

The Dragons Markजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें