Chapter 30: My Own

3x04

[Freya is in the upstairs study where she's sitting cross-legged on a small purple yoga mat on the floor

[Freya is in the upstairs study where she's sitting cross-legged on a small purple yoga mat on the floor. After a moment, an unhappy-looking Klaus walks in and seems surprised to see her]

KLAUS: What are you doing here?

[Freya gives him a look that is both annoyed and amused]

FREYA: ...I live here?KLAUS: [sighs] Yes. Obviously.

[Freya stands and starts doing another yoga pose]

KLAUS: I just hadn't realized you were back from wherever it is you go to when you leave! Perhaps I was thrown off by the lack of strange gentleman callers perusing the contents of my refrigerator this morning.

[Freya smirks happily and switches poses again]

FREYA: Your concern for my whereabouts is touching.KLAUS: I simply want to know who is here at any given moment! I hardly think that's too much to ask.

[Just then, an annoyed Hayley and an amused Elijah, and a confused Ophira walk into the room to join them. Ophira had receive a note that morning on her way to pick up beignets.]

HAYLEY: Well, as long as we're talking attendance...KLAUS: [mockingly] Oh, good! It's my not-so-loving older brother, my former one-night-stand and my-vengeful-adopted daughter! What a nice, normal family gathering.

[Hayley rolls her eyes and smiles fakely at Klaus]

HAYLEY: Charming. Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you.KLAUS: [snakily] Well, clearly what the situation needs is more opinions.

[Klaus looks at Elijah]

KLAUS: I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy?

[Hayley shoots Elijah a glare, and he smiles in amusement]

ELIJAH: I was just getting to that...

[Hayley turns back to Klaus]

HAYLEY: Now would be good.KLAUS: [rolls his eyes] Well, it appears my old mate Lucien has acquired a genuine seer, and in an effort to prove his good intentions, he got her to show us some rather dire visions of future doom. It's grim stuff, really-- not for the faint of heart.HAYLEY: [confused] Who's doom are we talking about, here? Because if it's yours, I think we're all okay with that.

[Klaus chuckles, clearly enjoying this conversation]

KLAUS: Well, sadly, we're all on the chopping block. But, chin up! This witch claims her visions are constantly evolving. So, you may just get your wish!HAYLEY: [smiles] Well, I want to meet this psychic witch.