Ch. 5 I am-I am a Witch?

Start from the beginning

Vernon and Petunia then walked out of the gift shop to stand to the side, letting the three children continue to admire the flamingos. 

" Um. Pet," Vernon softly calls out to Petunia. 

" Yes?" Petunia responded. 

" How old was um your sister when she first started to show signs of Magic?" Vernon asked, looking and sounding curious. 

" Lily was eleven. Why?" Petunia asked, looking and sounding concerned. 

Vernon looks away from Petunia, and he turns his gaze to Harriet. 

" You know how Harriet's birthday is coming up. Well, I think she is starting to show signs of Magic," Vernon worriedly tells Petunia. 

Petunia's blue eyes blinked, looking surprised to hear that Harriet is already showing signs of Magic. 

" Harriet believes she is cursed, Petunia," Vernon frowned, sounding sad. 

Petunia frowns, looking and feeling guilty since she remembered pushing Lily away for having Magic. She looks away from Vernon, and she turns her gaze to Harriet, seeing her younger sister in her niece. 

' Whoever betrayed Lily and got her killed, I hate you?! Now, Harriet has no one to tell her stuff about the Wizarding world,' Petunia tells herself, sounding heartbroken and angry. 

" I only know a bit of the Wizarding World whenever Lily came home during the holidays and summer vacation, and I remembered how excited she looked when she spoke to our parents about her classes and such," Petunia softly tells Vernon. 

" You can tell Harriet about her Magical Heritage when I drop Piers off at his place with Dudley," Vernon gently pats Petunia's back. 

Harriet turns her head back, and she softly smiled when she sees Petunia and Vernon. 

" Auntie Tuney and Uncle Vernon are waiting for us," Harriet informs Dudley and Piers. 

Dudley and Piers turned around, seeing Harriet running towards Petunia and Vernon. 

" Kids. Do you want to continue seeing the animals after we lunch? Or do you want to go home after we eat?" Petunia asked while looking at the children with a concerned gaze. 

Harriet hugs Petunia, and she then turns her gaze to Dudley. 

Piers glanced at Dudley, wondering if his best friend wants to go home after experiencing such a traumatic event at the Reptile & Amphibian exhibit. 

Harriet frowned, looking and feeling guilty since she believes that what happened at the Reptile & Amphibian exhibit was her fault. 

Dudley glanced at Harriet, looking and feeling guilty since he believes that what happened to Harriet at the Reptile & Amphibian exhibit was his fault since he forced Harriet to be in that place when he was aware of Harriet being uncomfortable around a snake. 

" I'm sorry, Hari," Dudley apologize. 

Harriet lets go of Petunia, and she then turns to walk towards Dudley, and she hugs him. 

" I'm sorry for ruining your birthday, Dudley," Harriet whispers, and she begins to cry. 

Dudley hugs Harriet, and he gently rubs her back. 

" It's not your fault, Hari. It's my fault that I forced you to be at a place where you felt uncomfortable," Dudley whispered. 

Petunia's gaze softened when she sees Dudley and Harriet hugged each other. Tears welled up in her blue eyes because she hopes that when Dudley learns about Harriet's Magical heritage after Harriet learns about it herself, that he will continue to be there for his younger cousin.