Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

5 | Cloudy With A Chance Of Ty

For most of my classes, I went to them for attendance's sake, but then went back to my dorm room or the library and taught it all to myself

For most of my classes, I went to them for attendance's sake, but then went back to my dorm room or the library and taught it all to myself. That wasn't the case in Professor Yousuf's business class though, because I actually (very surprisingly) enjoyed the lectures.

Professor Yousuf finished class, so I pulled my laptop off the desk and shoved it into my bag. Muffled voices came in from the hallway outside. I interlaced my fingers and cracked them– so satisfying after all that typing. A tiredness that was fulfilling rather than exhausting sunk in. I leaned back in the hard plastic seat, the chair creaking. 

Logan stood, chair swinging back towards the table. "Wanna go grab food?"

"Sure, I have time to kill." I zipped up my bag and shrugged on my jacket.

Boots squeaked on tile, and voices overlapped as everyone left.

Snagging my phone from the desk, I laughed at the message on the screen. Shaking my head, I walked over to the door and held it open for Logan behind me.

"Thanks." He brushed past me. "Why're you smiling like a goof?"

I held up my phone. "Ty texted me."

Logan blinked.

"I showed him how to use gifs the other day, and now he just sends me random gifs, and I love it," I explained, words tumbling out of me as I showed him a couple of the gifs. "And the best part is that he has absolutely no clue where half the gifs come from, 'cause he never watches shows. Or goes on social media. I literally have to screenshot memes on Instagram to send them to him."

"He sent you a fried egg?" Logan's gaze flicked from the screen to me as we walked down the hallway, an occasional cold draft from outside hitting us.

"But isn't it so cute?" I grinned, heat radiating through my chest. "Look at the little smile and the little blob of butter. Like, serotonin boost right there." We climbed the stairs to the main floor with all the food places.

"Love that for you." Logan grinned back at me genuinely. "Who is he again?"

"Oh, we're dating." I adjusted my backpack as we came to a stop at the Tims line. The super-long Tims line, but when wasn't the Tims line long?

Logan raised his brows, the tiny dark brown hairs neat. "Another one of your pro/con list guys?"

"Actually, no, he's–"

He grabbed my arm. "Wait, I know, he's the guy you wrote about in your article!"

I nodded my head as if not surprised at all that he knew. "How'd you know?"

He let my arm go and rolled his eyes. "You're smiling like a goof at an animated fried egg."

I shrugged, cheeks heating. "Okay, fair enough."