"That he was." Bucky agreed. "You think he'll help us? Who's to say he still isn't apart of Hydra?"

"I think if he sees two former Hydra members, he'll talk. Besides, I found him the most tolerable." She told him. "We need to change though. I'd rather not draw attention to ourselves."

****
The sunny city was a nice change from the freezing cold temperatures in Siberia. It had been a while since she had been to California. Probably when Tony had his surgery to remove his arc reactor from his chest. They walked down the street, trying to blend in the best they could. Her phone beeped and they stopped at a cute looking townhouse. This was Artem's home? It wasn't what she imagined for a former Hydra member to live in.

"This should be it." Catherine told them.

They waked up the stairs, Sam and Bucky behind her, all their hands resting on their guns. She brought her hand up to the door and tapped it softly. An older man, who she instantly recognized as Artem. Her looked pretty much the same as when she last saw him. He just a few more wrinkles and his hair was almost completely gray.

Artem eyes widen with realization and then fear. "Мой Бог (My God)."

"Бог не может спасти тебя сейчас. (God can't save you now.)" Catherine spoke to him. "Relax. We aren't here to hurt you, unless you try to hurt us."

Artem peaked over her shoulder at the Winter Solider before opening the door to allow them inside. The townhouse was large, but simple. He lead them to a living room where they all sat. The poor man was shaking like a leaf as his eyes darted back and forth from Catherine to Bucky. He knew what they were capable of. He didn't want to piss them off.

"How did you find me?" Artem asked.

"The Kom. You were listed as person of interest under a file called Operation Revival." She told him. "Want to tell me about it?"

Artem drew a breath in and sat down. He looked like he was going to be sick any minute. "I left Hydra right after you left. I was done. I didn't share their same goal. I knew they would kill me sooner or later. Hydra never came after me until a few weeks ago. Two agents knocked on my door and told me they were trying to rebuild Hydra. They wanted my help, but I declined. That was it."

"Did they mention anything about a Power Broker?" Sam asked.

"They did. Not directly though. I heard them talking as they were leaving, about their plan. One of them was going to try and kill Catherine and then Captain America. Hydra wants the Winter Soldier back. So did this Power Broker. I think they wanted to form an alliance or something." Artem told them.

They all three looked at one another. It wasn't a large volume of information they had just obtained, but it was something.

"I am...sorry about what was done to you two at Hydra. I'm glad that you got out and seem to be doing well for yourself. I know that will never erase the pain we caused you, the things we did." Artem apologized.

Although they still considered him a bad guy, it still meant something that he was willing to apologize. They heard a click of a door opening and they all three jumped up. They could hear the sound of two voices chattering and then laughter.

"Please," Artem whispered. "It's my wife and daughter. They don't know about my past. I want to keep it that way."

For half a second, she sympathized with him. She too wanted to keep her past hidden.

"Artie?" A woman, who they assumed was his wife, asked. "Why are these people here?"

A little girl who couldn't be older than eight gaped at them with wide eyes. "You're the Avengers!"