𝟏𝟑| 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬, 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚, 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 dotted in the distance, lining London's closest cinema. A neon sign lit up the night, words scrawled in brightly coloured letters, reading 'Star City'. The night was chilly, a wind nipping against my legs as I strode along the sidewalk, Louis next to me. 

Our conversations had been short, nothing more than a 'Are you excited about the movie?' followed by a small 'Yes'. It wasn't that it was awkward, it was more than that. We weren't bickering, but walking in comfortable silence, basking in each other's presence. 

Cars drove slowly by them, eyes wanding for a local parking spot in hopes of catching their movie on time. As we neared, teenagers, small children and worried adults filled the building, talking and gossiping as if they haven't seen their friends in ages. 

As we entered the building, I was slightly taken aback by the music, lights, and overwhelming smell of salty popcorn. "You okay?" Louis asked from beside me, "I really should bring you to places more often, you look like you've been living under a rock,"

Jabbing my elbow into his stomach, he groaned softly. "If I were you, I would zip it," I quipped back, walking deeper into the building, eyes scanning for Amelia. 

Suddenly, a blonde girl pushed away from a small group of boys, arms waving in the air. "I'm guessing that's your friend?" Louis asked, his deep voice slightly rough from elbowing him seconds before. 

"Oh yes," I grinned, "You'll love her," Grabbing his wrist, I pulled him towards the group of boys; Josh, Dylan, and Frankie. "Boys," I acknowledge as Amelia sent me a short wink. Rolling my eyes, I drop his arm and walk towards her. 

"So, are you kissy-kissy with football boy, yet?" She asked, a sly smile on her cheeks. Batting her shoulder with the back of my hand, she let out a light laugh. "I'm surprised he's not six feet under,"

"I was this close," I said as I held two fingers together, barely an inch apart. I wanted to tell her that it wasn't completely awful and that I could even consider us... friends. But I didn't, and I wasn't sure why. Changing the subject, I asked, "How was Mr. Hot-stuff over there?" 

We both turned slightly, eyes focused on Frankie who was talking and laughing with the boys. His blonde hair was curly and neat, and you could tell that he knew how to dress. Side-eyeing Amelia, I could see a small smile spread along her cheeks and my eyes widened. 

"You're totally bugging!" I gushed as she whipped back around. "You like Frankie,"

"Keep your voice down!" She seethed as her hand slapped against my mouth. I tried to keep in my laughter as the four boys looked towards us. Amelia and I gave them both a small wave before they turned back around. 

"Y-u to-lly l-ke -im" I mumbled as she removed her hand. 

"Maybe a little," She squealed in a high-pitched voice. Sighing, she began, "He wanted to hang out more today, especially for the assignment. He met me off of school grounds a minute after I left you and he wanted to know if I was free,"