𝟐 | 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 a couple of errands to run over the course of the next few days," Luke told me as he passed me the last pile of clothes that was sorted onto my new bed. "We need to grab your school supplies, uniform and schedule," He told me as I closed my closet and turned to face him. 

"A uniform, really?" I groaned as he zipped up my suitcase and pulled it onto the wooden floor of my bedroom. Sliding it under my bed, I continued, "I'm not a big fan of uniforms-- I'm more of a 'dress freely' type person," 

"Well you're the one who wanted to attend Westbrooke," He replied as he straightened back up, "Should've read the fine print," Rolling my eyes, I let out a small huff, but nodded nonetheless. 

"I'm going to go downstairs and find out the quickest way to Westbrooke, so, why don't you change and we'll get going," He suggested as he moved towards the door. 

"Yeah, sure," I replied as Luke gave me a sharp nod and closed the door. 

I spun around and stared at my new room, my body buzzing with excitement. The walls were a soft brown, almost beige and when the sunlight hit it, it felt as if it was lighting up. My full-sized bed was pushed into the corner of the room, just under the window, which I had already placed a few small plants on. 

My closet wasn't huge, but it was big enough that I could fit all of my clothes inside with room to go shopping. On the far side of my room was an ebony desk, already covered in notebooks, pencils and other used school supplies. 

But the one thing that I instantly fell in love with was the bookshelf next to it. It was already filled head to toe in classics, fantasy, dystopian and other types of thick novels that I could spend hours admiring. 

"Y/n, you coming?" Luke yelled from the first floor of our apartment and I quickly scrambled to my closet. Pulling out a pair of blue, boyfriend high-rise jeans, a white tanked crop top and brown flannel, I threw them on instantly and rushed down the stairs. 

⋆⋆⋆

My eyes lit up as well drove through the glistening gates of Westbrooke Academy. The building was mysterious, with jade green vines were growing up the sides of the walls, bricks darkening by the hour, and the moss-covered stones leading up to the entrance, I instantly fell in love with the school. 

It was beautiful. 

With bright grass fields lining the courtyard along with dark shrubs and hedges tracing the school's outline, it was almost as if the school was from an old movie or an old castle. The windows were fogged up, but clean and sturdy, while the light grey steps were seemingly spotless as they led up to a dark amber door, which I presumed were the main doors. 

As Luke turned the car off, I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped onto the cobblestone road, nerves filling my entire body. "You okay?" Luke questioned as he shuffled towards me, hands stuffed in his dark jean pockets.