𝟏𝟎 | 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 were so morally empty that I could drop a pin and you could hear it from across the hallway. You're probably wondering why I'm here so early, and honestly, I am too. Luke had to rush off to work insanely early and offered to drive me to school even though it didn't start for another hour. 

I told him that I could take the bus, but he insisted. He also added that I should talk to any teachers and make sure I understand the curriculum, which I already do, but I didn't say that. 

As I walked down the hallways, I realized that I should've called Amelia or one of the guys and told them to come to school earlier, as well. But, now that I think about it, they're probably all asleep, which is what I want to be doing at the moment. 

Heading down the large staircase, a piercing whistle echoed through the school. Wheeling around, I could see a man walk into the building, whistle dangling around his neck. Peering down the hallway, he noticed me and I froze. 

"Hey, you!" He called, "Come here!"

Terrified, I started walking towards him, soon recognizing him as Coach Trescott. "I wasn't doing anything bad, I just got here early,"

"Yeah, I don't care," He replied as he unlocked his office and walked inside. My eyebrows furrowed as he waved me inside. "All I care about is football, at the moment, and I have a pile of tests that I need graded,"

Still confused, I raised my eyebrows. I never officially met Coach Trescott, but from what I'd seen, he's insanely hilarious and slightly scary. "Are you new?" He asked out of thin air.

"Uh, yes," I told him and he nodded sharply. 

"You're not one of mine, are you?" I shook my head. "Great! I need you to grade these," He said as he handed me a stack of papers. 

"You want me to--to grade your tests?" 

He snapped his fingers together then pointed towards me, "Yes. Can you do that for me?"

I hesitated.

"I'll give you community hours, and you need them to graduate," He added as he closed his drawer. 

"Yeah, sure," I answered and he grinned. 

"That's what I like to hear, come on," He said as he led me out of his office. "We're going to go down to the field, and you can work there until practice is over,"

"Practice?" I questioned.

"Do you live under a rock?" He asked bluntly, "Yeah, practice, football, soccer, whatever you call it,"

"Right, sorry," I quickly said as we headed outside and towards the large soccer fields. He led me towards the bleachers, gave me a thumbs up, then headed back onto the field, whistle in his mouth.