𝟒 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 the good things about living in an apartment complex like this, is the fire escape out of my window. The ledge is big enough that I could bring an old pillow and spend a night reading up there with no distractions. 

Except that wasn't the full case. 

It was Sunday night, the day before I have to attend my first day at the horrifyingly rich school, and I was laying on my back, staring harshly at the cover of Pride and Prejudice. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book when I read it, but not all I can think of is that boy

The boy that had the audacity to grab my wrist when I tried to push past him; the boy that begged me for the book while giving me a sob story about his school; the boy who was absolutely breathtaking and wouldn't leave my mind. 

Using all of the energy I had left, I threw the book back onto my bed and leaned back onto the pillow. 

I was not one to fall for a boy I just met, and I was definitely not one to think about a boy this often... but I couldn't help it. There was just something about him. Something that just boiled my blood so much that I couldn't stop replaying our interaction in my head. 

The way his fingers were warm as they wrapped around my wrist, or the fact that he smiled down on me when we were talking. 

I groaned loudly as I pushed my hands onto my face. I pushed myself up into a sitting position and stared out at the streets of London. The sky was growing darker by the minute, and the started were gleaming brightly against the windows of our building. 

A chill ran down my spine as the wind blew against me, tousling the pages of the open book next to me. I grabbed the book before it had a chance to blow out of my reach, and tossed it onto my bed as well. 

It felt weird being here without my mom or dad. Just the fact that they're hundreds of miles away, probably doing something completely different than what we would usually do, especially with the time difference.  

"Y/n," Luke called from the main floor. I quickly jumped back into my room and slid the window closed as Luke pushed through my door. "It's getting late, and you know that I normally don't do this, but..."

"School tomorrow," I muttered, "I remember,"

"Well then, I'll leave you to get ready, and you can get up on your own right?" He asked as he leaned against the doorframe, the sleeves of a grey sweatshirt pushed up his forearms. 

"Yeah, I've got an alarm already set," I reassured him, "Goodnight Luke,"

"Goodnight Y/n," He replied with a warm smile as he closed the door and his footsteps retreated down the hall. 

Falling down on my bed, I let out a breath of relief as I stared at the white ceiling above me. "School isn't going to be that bad," I said to myself, trying to calm my nerves. "Maybe they'll be nice and will want to make a friend – which is completely unlikely, but a girl can dream,"