He knew.

I hugged my brother, tightly. Even though I'd almost knocked him over he didn't hesitate to hug me back.

"Will always told me you were with Mom, but when she stopped sending us letter back we thought- I thought you'd-" I could hear the pain in his voice, he seemed so close to breaking. "I'm so glad you're safe."

We stayed like that for a while, after all we're all we have left now. Dad died and I have no idea what happened to Mom.

Phil called over to us as we let go from the hug. Fundy getting up and standing, ruffling my hair and then proceeding to walk back to the group with me following close behind.

Phil said something about "going to see Michael" while Ranboo and Tubbo started towards the gate.

"Oh yeah who's Michael?"

"Mine and Tubbo's adopted son." Ranboo responded.

Tubbo then turned to me, now walking backwards.

"Oh Eden you haven't met Michael either have you?"

I shook my head in response, Ranboo turning to me now as well.

"He's a bit younger than you but you'll most likely get along, you two are the only children on the SMP after all."

Phil have Ranboo a look.

"Okay the only actual children on the SMP."

With a laugh from Phil we went to Snowchester, Phil carrying me through the nether so I wouldn't hurt myself.

"He'll most be your favorite grandchild Phil don't you worry." Tubbo was walking backwards again.

"No no I don't think he'd be my favorite."

Fundy smiled at this.

"Maybe close second, Eden is pretty high up there."

"Wha-"

Fundy sounded offended as we all continued walking.

"Phil have you like adopted Eden as one of your kids?" Tubbo questioned, unaware of my biological relation to Phil.

"Sort of."

~~~~

Once we'd reached Snowchester Tubbo and Ranboo hurried up the ladder, Me, Phil, and Fundy following in after.

Upstairs was a small room consisting of a yellow bed, soul lantern, a white and yellow carpet, a bookshelf, and a large chair.

At first I didn't see him but in the corner by the bookshelf, staring out the window was a small boy, shorter than me but only by a little, he had short fluffy pink hair, and wore a back and yellow striped sweater with blue overalls.

Phil put me down as I looked at him.

Michael turned to us and made eye contact with me, the moment he did he got scared and ran over to Ranboo and Tubbo.

They both told him it was okay, to which he came a bit closer to us as Ranboo introduced each of us to him.

"Michael, this is Eden, Fundy, and Phil."

Michael gave me a small wave, that I returned with a wave and a smile. The gesture seemed to lessen his fear by a bit.

Phil and Ranboo started talking about Michael, how he lives in just this room and whatnot. I know how that feels.

With the adults, plus the two teenagers, talking me and Michael sat on the floor together. He'd been eyeing a golden bracelet on my wrist.

I took it off and held it out to him, he was a piglin no wonder he liked the gold. He walked over to me and hesitantly took the bracelet from my hands, holding it in his own and staring at it.

I had quite a bit of golden jewelry on me, that of which was either given to me by chat or Techno.

Michael laid the bracelet across his wrist, trying to put it on. I caught it as it fell to the floor again and attached the clasp around his wrist. He shook his arm, eyes lighting up with excitement as it made that noise jewelry makes when you shake it.

He lifted my other wrist with his other hand, examining the gold I wore, he traced his fingers across all the pieces, the rings, the bracelets, he even found the earrings.

Michael had lifted my hair up and to see the earrings, most being gold along with one being emerald. His attention had changed from the jewelry to my ears.

I didn't expect him to grab a hold of one of my ears, so he caught me a bit off guard, but I don't blame him for being curious. He'd come from the nether, obviously he'd never seen anyone with nymph features before.

He tilted his head slightly as my fin shaped ears where his center of attention, in response to him grabbing my ear I grabbed his. It's not like I hadn't seen piglins before, I live with Phil and Technoblade.

He apparently had also been caught off guard at my action, laughing once he realized.

I moved by hand a traced my thumb over the scar looking injury below his eye. Michael wasn't a pigiln, he was a zombie piglin. The "scar" was right where his skin faded to moss and the rest was bone.

He copied my action just as I had his, tracing his hands across the bits of my skin that faded to fish scales rather than human skin.

Giggling again I responded with a warm smile, his laugh was a contagious one I could tell.

Michael let go of me, so I let go of him. He then stood up and grabbed my hand, making me stand up as he pulled me over to the window by the bookshelf, the one Ranboo had named "Michael's corner".

Michael pointed at my ears then at the ocean, when I nodded in response he got excited and started jumping up and down.

Michael ran over to Tubbo and tugged at his clothes to get his attention, switching Tubbo's focus from his conversation to his son.

"What's up buddy?"

Michael then did the same thing he did to me, to Tubbo. He dragged him over to the window, pointed at the ocean, and then at me.

Tubbo stood confused as I laughed.

"I don't quite understand, boss man."

In explanation I lifted my hair from covering my ears again, Tubbo now catching onto what Michael meant.

"Oh you're a fish!"

"Sort of."

"What do you like swim and shit?"
A cackle of laughter came from Ranboo at Tubbo's question.

Michael kept looking out his window, I'd sat beside him as we stared out the window together.

It really wasn't fair that he was kept in here, but I'm not sure if the outside was much safer. The first time I had to venture without mom I almost froze to death in these very woods.

Once Phil informed me he was leaving I told Michael I'd be back the next day to see him as we parted ways.

I like Michael, he's nice. He doesn't talk all that much but he's cool.