Amanda-Mae -- Mentor

Meet Amanda-Mae

Amanda-Mae ( Amanda-Mae ) on Wattpad, is a Southeast-Asian constantly on the move, living in three different continents in each three decades of her life. The only constant thing is her passion for writing, which is heavily influenced by all her different sociocultural experiences. As a result, she developed a love for fantastical worlds filled with magic, rich cultures, and complex characters.

She has worked professionally in language services since her undergrad years, working part-time during her Psychology degree for various government institutions and Non-Government Organisations. By the time she completed her postgrads, she was an interpreter and editor for United Nations programmes across Southeast-Asia, specialising in the fields of disaster response and mitigation, women and children's issues, as well as social and clinical psychology. Once she expended her energy interpreting, she switched careers into a foreign mission and entered the world of diplomatic and consular affairs.

Her interest in social issues and politics is reflected in her writing (and reading), which is rife with intrigue and mystery, and maybe just the slightest hint of romance. Her first completed novel, A Grace of Crowns, won the 2016 Watty's Award for HQ Love, and after a hiatus (due to more! relocation), she returned in late 2020 and became a Wattpad Star.

Besides reading and writing, she also enjoys manga, watching anime (Howl's Moving Castle by Studio Ghibli is an absolute favourite!), playing piano, and cuddling her British Shorthair. She is currently only accepting manuscripts written in English or Bahasa Indonesia.

WISH LIST

👇🏼

VISIT AMANDA-MAE'S PROFILE